“Will not return” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel

Save Saved
You added Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel to your Saves list
Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2464 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Special Offer
10% Off with #AstonLife
Ranked #30 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Brisbane, Australia
“Will not return”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

This is my honest review on this hotel,this hotel is right on the main road across from the beach no shuttle buses drop you off in the driveway only on the main road outside the hotel,this is what our driver told us.watch out for the traffic when you get off the shuttle the main door is on the right hand side so we had to hop out into the traffic oh by the way to bad if you got little ones we had to guard our ones with our lives just to get them to safety on the side of the road where our bags were dumped as the public walked through them and around them.so to the check in we are a family of 6 we paid for 2adjoining rooms city view only to be told we had been split up and to boot put on separate floors when we explained what we had paid for the lovely gentleman behind the counter said the hotel does not have adjoining rooms but we can put you on the same floor only one room will be city view and the other room ocean view thats all they had available at the time and that we had to pay an extra $15 per night for the ocean view room.ok now the rooms my room was the city view room when I opened the door I was shocked I couldn't believe how small the room was you literally open the door and there's the bed the bench top that the tv was sitting wasn't wiped down you could see cup rings left behind from the last lot of people I went straight to the sliding door opened it our balcony was on top of the roof we were greeted with cigarette butts a paper coffee. Cup and a sock strewn outside.as for the bathroom 2people can't be in it at the same time you have to do the shimmy if there was 2of you in there it's soooo small,the shower box is so small it's roughly the same width as the toilet in a aeroplane or I couldn't even stretch my arms out to my side it's that pokey,this room is so small personally myself its only good for a couple not a family,i did ask if I could get a refund at reception so we could move on but it would of been a lengthy process....staff were friendly even the lady working behind the activities counter who was using a handheld mirror and tweezers To pluck her eyebrows when I was there to purchase tickets was very helpful......just saying...so to ask if I'd return to this hotel ....no I will not return.

• Stayed May 2012

586 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
  • Turkish first
Anchorage, Alaska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Older Waikiki hotel with circular motif. Layout is unusual as hotel doesn't have a lobby. Chech in is done with a person sitting in a small booth behind bullet proof glass. Our experience started badly when we were told that our reservation was for two days earlier. I showed the clerk the receipt from Hotwire on my phone (w/ today's date), however this wasn't accepted. I placed a call to Hotwire and the hotel reluctantly acknowledged the reservation.
The rooms, beds and bathrooms are small. There are small balconies and a large sliding glass door, but there isn't any privacy because of so many adjacent condos and hotels. The rooms were clean and included the basics. Service wasn't that great. For example, I phoned the front desk to ask for the Internet password and was told I had to come downstairs to get it.
There is a lot of noise around this hotel. You will pay a "resort fee" to stay here, in addition to the room charges and taxes. When I asked about this, I was told it covered things like Internet. I don't see any association between a resort and Internet access. This hotel doesn't offer any services I would associate with a resort.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Syd Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I booked this place to stay for 6 nights in October 2012. I had read the positive reviews and thought that it would be a great budget place to stay in with my boyfriend. This place is more suited to backpackers or similiar. The hotel location is great.. right infront of the beach. The reception & lifts smell like eggs because there is a place called 'eggs & things' next door :(
Our room was extremely small and there was just the 2 of us. The bathroom & shower is really really small. The airconditioner is SO loud. The beds & pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable. My boyfriend is 5'11 and his feet were hanging off the end of the bed! We laugh about it now but it was not good at the time. If your staying in Hawaii, stay somewhere really nice! We stayed at the Hyatt last year and we wanted to save money this year so we stayed here at the Aston but decided it is not worth it, just pay the additional $70 per night for a nicer room!! Oh and watch out for the $10 per night 'amenity fee'

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

Older, smaller hotel, simple rooms, but clean and well-appointed rooms in a fabulous fabulous fabulous location. Many with a beach view! Good for families.

• Stayed November 2012
wollongong
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

Very convenient location but our room was so noisy even with the doors shut and curtains drawn. The problem was the constant drone of airconditioning units, the traffic pretty much cleared by late evening. Would be easily solved with double glazing or even a door which closed fully.

The rooms are small but not an issue for us, the ocean views were outstanding. The noise....... if you dont like noise then look for someother place (sure it may be quieter on the other side of the building)

I also wasnt a fan of disposable coffee cups!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
whakatane
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

Good accommadation for what we were looking for which was close to beach ,walking distance to everything and with a balcony. Got all of these and a good view onto the ocean from our partial ocean view room.Everything clean and tidy and operational and within expectation. Staff were excellent when required and they went extra mile on departure day which we appreciated.
Only downside was room located on 2 nd floor (206 ) and sat above where dumpsters were and staff used area as a smoko area , got a bit noisy at times for short periods and once had a garbage odour wafting up for a short period. Minor stuff really and relative to what you pay. If you want 5 star then book 5 star anything else go in with the apporiate expectation. Would stay again but on floors higher up.

Room Tip: If you want 5 star then book 5 star anything else go in with the apporiate expectation. Would stay a...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Worth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

If you are looking for the spa and the mini bar do not bother with this hotel.......but if you are looking for a place to sleep well and leave your luggage then this is it!! The room was clean and everything you needed. The location was perfect across the street was the beach and up and the street was very nice restaurants to McDonalds. Shopping was every where and the street entertainment was the best!!.

Room Tip: we stayed on the city veiw side and we could still hear the street noise on the 12th floor. Not to...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!