“A beachside gem!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel

Save Saved
You added Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel to your Saves list
Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2464 Kalakaua Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Waikiki)   |
Special Offer
Summer Sale - from $195
Ranked #28 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Sydney, Australia
“A beachside gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

I’m a regular traveller to Waikiki and usually stay on Kuhio Avenue, but thought I would try something different. I had heard and read good things about this hotel, so decided to stay here for one night before staying at another hotel with some friends for the rest of my stay in Waikiki.

I booked an Ocean Front room with two double beds from hotelclub.com.au for a really affordable rate. I landed in Honolulu at 8am, so I wasn’t surprised that my room was not yet available, and wouldn’t be, until after midday. But, once they realised I was on my own, they were able to offer me a room with only one double bed, but on a higher floor (12th floor – there are only 14 floors) that would be available sooner; Perfect!

The location was/is amazing, you literally cross the road and you’re at the beach! Not to mention Yoghurtland being a stone's throw away too! I would suggest booking an Ocean Front room; the uninterrupted view of the beach (and the sunset) is well worth the little difference between the room type rates. Due to the nature of the building, the rooms are an odd shape, but it didn’t bother me at all as the design and layout of the room accommodated the shape of the building. However, I wouldn’t suggest any more than two people staying in each room – purely due for comfort in terms of physical space. The bed was heavenly and is one of the most comfortable beds I have ever slept on – and I stay in hotels quite often. All staff were super friendly and accommodating and endeavoured to meet my needs at all times. Considering the view of an ocean front room, I am surprised at how affordable this hotel is.

The only bad thing about my stay was that it was only for one night! I would have extended my stay at this hotel, but unfortunately it was fully booked!

I’m returning to Waikiki in a few months and will most likely stay here again and I will most definitely be recommending this gem of a hotel to anyone travelling to Waikiki – trust me, you will not regret it.

Room Tip: Oceanfront room all the way!
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled solo

588 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Turkish first
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2011

This is a 3 star hotel, but it does have some very good points. We were lucky enough to get room 1304 which is ocean front --- couldn't beat the views of Waikiki and high-up enough to miss most of the road/pedestrian noise. While on our balcony we discussed that the less expensive 1303 would have been fine for us as it had a great view too. The balcony is wonderful with two chairs and a small table. The room had an exellent fridge -- much better than most hotels. The beds and pillows were top quality and we slept like babies. We rented a car for one day to drive to the northern beaches (highly recommend this), but we didn't keep the car over night so didn't need to park -- but we noticed that there was a "lot full" sign in the office window each afternoon. The elevators were great, never had to wait to get up or down, even one afternoon when some kids were playing with the buttons! (brought back some memories :-)) The staff were extremely nice and helpful -- there was a great wake-up call feature on the phone too. The hotel had discarded floats and boogie boards for use, great idea. Ok, downsides. The rooms are tiny, and the bathroom is mini! We are two average sized people and we were forever bumping into each other. The second bed was used for luggage which helped, but we both agreed that one queen bed would have made all the difference. I guess two doubles accommodates families or those who don't want to share a bed, but if we'd had a kid with us the room would have been hysterically too small. I read on some other reviews an air of anticipation for the openning of "Eggs and things" -- the breakfast/lunch joint attached to the hotel... It's very average. We found it to be over priced for a basically take-out place (order at register where you are asked to tip? And then called to pick up food on paper plates with plastic cuttlery). Besides all that, it was the worst feed we had while in Hawaii -- including the airport! Walk a couple of blocks to Moose McGillicuty's where you get a great breakfast and even a decent cup of tea!
Over all, we'd recommend this hotel, but don't take your kids!

Room Tip: Request above 10th floor and if you want full ocean view get ..04 or ..05.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Avon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2011

We had an ocean front room with a balcony right across the road from Waikiki for less than most rooms even a couple of blocks off the beach. Sure, the room was a little small but it was not a small as one may think for the price and it was very recently remodeled - anyways, who goes to Waikiki to spend a lot of time in a hotel room?! The hotel is directly across from public access to the beach and within easy walking distance of the zoo, aquarium and other points of interest. We found the staff friendly and helpful. When we go back to Honolulu we will absolutely stay here again.

Room Tip: We feel it was well worth paying the small premium for the ocean view room but whatever type of room...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2011 via mobile

My dad and myself spent 10 days here. It's location is great , with views of Waikiki beach.

Location - its walking distance of most " things to do " in Waikiki.

The hotel doesn't have anywhere to eat , but so many places are close by. ( an eggs and things was due to open soon after our visit)

Places we likes to eat - loved "The cheesecake factory" and at The Outrigger the " Duke's Canoe Club"

Nice clean rooms , well maintained and no noise!!

Well recommended

• Stayed August 2011
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

This hotel is older, but has recently undergone extensive reservations. It is basic, but clean and very pleasant. What it really has going for it is the location, it can't be beat! Technically it is across the street from the beach, but there is no hotel on the other side of the street so the ocean view rooms have an unobstructed view of the beach which quite beautiful! There are loads of shops and restaurants on Kalakau Avenue, its a great street for strolling after dark. We stayed at this hotel and at a much fancier resort nearby and I have to say, I preferred this place. Even the toiletries, the Aston plumeria scented lotion, is really nice! The price is a bargain too!

Room Tip: The ocean view rooms are worth the extra few dollars.
  • Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

An excellent place to stay. Was here for 5 nights during our 15th anniversary and was on the 12th floor with city view. The location is one of the best in Waikiki as you are just across the street from the beach and they just opened the restaurant Eggs n Things.

They provided free rental of boogie boards and other stuff for the beach and are very helpful with any questions. Not to mention the person running the tours desk was not pushy at all.

Only issue was they did not have WIFI at the hotel. You could purchase the wired hookup for $9.95 a day or $27.95 I think for the week. Instead we were able to tap into a linksys connection for free as we were on the 12th floor.

Everyone there seemed really friendly and the people we met all seemed to have stayed there multiple times.

If I come back to Honolulu I am definitely staying here again without hesitation.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011 via mobile

This is the second time I stayed at this hotel and it didn't disappoint again. The location is fantastic. It is right across from the beach, surrounded by shops and restaurants. The trolley service that takes you to ala moana mall has a stop right across from the hotel. The staff are very friendly. The room I stayed in was a partial ocean view room with two double beds. The room is very clean and quiet at night. The only thing I will be critical of is that the Internet service isn't free. Hotels should be giving Internet service for free these days. Bonus point for this hotel is that an Eggs n Things restaurant just opened on the hotel's lobby. Overall, great location, friendly staff and great value!!!! I'll definitely stay here again when I visit hawaii.

• Stayed December 2011

Been to Aston Waikiki Circle Hotel? Share your experiences!