Getting to the next floor up to check in was a bit confusing, but we did it in a few minutes. We were on the 18th floor and facing the ocean. Surfers were in the water when we woke early and still there after it was too dark to see them! "Breakfast-on-the-beach" is different. A little cooler is provided for you to gather what you want at breakfast - one pass through the line is what is expected. Most don't go to the beach, but there are not enough tables by the pool for all to eat. We learned it was best to go back to the room and eat at the nice table or on the balcony overlooking the surfers! Save your coffee cup. One can get coffee @ 6am, but then they remove the cups sometime after 6:30 am & you can get a refill only if you have kept your cup. Had plenty of decafe which was great for me! Eggs and waffles cost extra. Breads of all kinds and fruits were fabulous. Definitely try the purple bread & donuts made with taro root!! Lots of wonderful juices. The elevators are unique. To go down enter any floor number or star to get to the check-in floor. To go up, swipe your door key and enter the floor - look at that display for info on which elevator will take you there. I believe there were 5 elevators so waits were never long. There is an open area on each floor that faces Diamond Head - so walk to that area near the ice machine and get your pictures.
Both restaurants were good for their purpose. Wolfgang Puck is fast - take out or eat right there.
A zoo is between the hotel and Diamond Head. If we'd had a free morning I would have liked to hike Diamond Head. That is definitely an early in the day activity!! The ABC stores on every block & in the hotel are an all inclusive convenience store - certainly nothing like in my home state! We got to watch the 97th Kamehameha Parade from our balcony. Hawaii has lots of festivals. Be patient!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 644 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Orbitz, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu