This was our fifth time visiting the island and we wanted to stay on the beach, so I found this hotel to be reasonably priced considering location and high travel season, Christmas. I would say that the hotel looked exactly liked the pictures show, however . . . we reserved an oceanview standard room. It was very, very, very small. I was told that rooms with two beds come with full beds only. For the three of us (husband and 21 teenage son) it was very cramped. There wasn't much room to even walk around the beds to get out to the lania. The room we had in this hotel had a small lania with one chair. We would take a small chair from in the room out onto lanai when more than one of us wanted to enjoy the views. This was slightly inconvenient I thought. The view from the room however was breathtaking! See photo. Unfortunately when we first checked in, we had to request a room change because as I was sitting on one of the beds, I felt a bug crawling on my shoulder from the headboard of the bed. I caught it and was quite alarmed. See photo. I called down to the front desk and within minutes security and housekeeping were in my room asking me questions, telling me they were going to move us to another room, taking pictures of the bug and then recommended that we allow them to spray our luggage with a bug spray. They would bring our bags over (which we hadn't unpacked yet) to our new room after approximately 30 minutes. Which they did do. I was very nervous about spending the rest of the week in the hotel, but just tried to forget what happend and make the beset of it. The rest of thet stay went fine. We especially enjoyed the free morning continental breakfast which is buffet style. They even provide little plastic lunch bags they call "Breakfast on the Beach" bags that you can bring with you to fill up to your hearts content with food and then take it to the beach and ear or where ever you want to go. Something very cool is that during breakfast time, they have live music/hawaiian dancing going on poolside sort of like entertainment while you eat. The hotel offers free towels and beach chairs you can check out each day to easily take across the street to the beach. We even took them to Hunauma Bay with us one day. Another great feature is their free DVD rental kiosks in the lobby. Each room is equipped with a gaming system/DVD player so you can get up to two DVDS at a time from the lobby kiosk. The selection of movies wasn't bad either. We ate at the hotel restaurant which was good and they have live entertainment on certain nights.
Although there were many FREE things the hotel offers, it really isn't FREE because each day you stay in the hotel you are charged a "resort fee" which covers Internet, DVD movies, Daily Breakfast Buffet and access to towel/chair use. Be mindful when booking this hotel as far as the daily rate you get. You will be spending more when you include the daily resort fee and mutiple taxes on top of the room rate. It can add up really fast and surprise you when you check out.
Although I loved the location and all the conveniences the hotel offered, I felt the rooms were just too small for our taste. Although we do spend a lot of time outside, we don't want to feel cramped in our room either and for the price of the week long stay, I would have liked more space for our money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 644 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Orbitz, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Priceline, Otel, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu