Stayed for 2 nights while we toured Pearl Harbor. Rooms are small, but since it was just two of us, we weren't concerned. Needs a serious update. Black marks on the walls, spots where it was peeling, bathroom was very dingy, poorly lit. Toilet kept making noise all night long. Housekeeping showed up each day around 5 pm when we were back from doing things. They then showed up again asking if we were checking out. They need to get their system straightened out. Had to go down 22 floors to get our key cards fixed twice.
When we checked in we thought we were supposed to have a room overlooking the ocean, buyer beware.... They say Ocean View is different from Ocean Front - make sure your travel agent knows the difference. But they consider a partial ocean view an ocean view. Had to stand right at the rail to get a nice view of the ocean. Saw more of the city than the ocean. When we questioned the staff about this, the blame game began. They were more than happy to blame the travel agent and if we wanted the correct type of room they were more than happy to charge more money for it. Breakfast was basic. Ended up going to our room, since there was limited seating. Best thing about the place was the bar and the musical group singing and playing. It was the reedeming factor.. It was nice to listen to them talk and sing while we ate and had a drink. Would not stay here again. Have traveled quite a bit and had to say I expected more from an Aston Hotel. I know there is good and bad, but this wasn't it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 644 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu