How can they call this hotel a resort and want to charge $10 daily resort fee. I am a frequent resort traveler and this is NO RESORT. My group was able to get the fee waived because we booked prior to March 2012 when they implemented the fee, but we had to fight to do so. Found out they use to charge the fee for internet connection but decided to bundle it. Hotel was ok but needs some remodeling. I was very disappointed that there is no WiFi connection in any of the rooms. You can access internet via a cable modem but that is of no use to me when I am travelling with my iPad and not my laptop. Thank God I could add a hot spot connection to my cell phone while travelling. It was inconvenient to have to go to the lobby area to get the Aston WiFi connection. Sprint charged me $20 for a hot spot for a month usage.
Breakfast on the Beach...free every morning....a serious misrepresentation and a total joke! I knew the beach was across the street...no problem but didn't know I had to fight the Japanese for a continental breakfast to put in a cooler bag, get a chair and towel from the hotel and go to the beach for breakfast. I thought it was going to be breakfast served on the beach each day. Waffles and omelets are available but for a fee. If you were later coming to breakfast rather than early, expect to find nothing left and even though it is still in the allotted breakfast time, I was told they would not be replenishing breakfast. Also expect to deal with the numerous homeless when you venture to the beach. I got breakfast only 2 days out of the 5 and was glad to give it to the homeless people hanging around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 644 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu