This was our first trip to Hawaii and we did a fair amount of tripadvisor research before deciding on this hotel. As usual a bit of balancing of feedback did the trick, most comments on this hotel are positive, mixed with a lesser amount of negative. So we went with the majority and feel we got it right, we were very pleased with our choice.
Sure it isn't 5 star but if that's what you want you need to go down the street a bit and spend much more money.
We got good value for money in our opinion, we had an oceanfront room on the 14th floor, the room was larger than many hotel rooms we've had, the bed was great and the view was expansive with no shortage of activities and scenery to take in both day and night.
The lift system was very good and we were happy with the breakfast experience, and while we never went down early we always got everything we wanted as the choices were constantly being restocked.
We walked to and up Diamond Head and back again, and visited the Memorial at Pearl Harbor twice, a very sad and moving experience but so well set out, a great tribute to all those brave souls.
We really enjoyed our 8 days here before moving on to Maui and would happily stay here again when we next return to Hawaii.
Mahalo to all the staff at the Aston.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking one of the world's most renowned beaches, the Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel provides an oceanfront experience at surprisingly accommodating rates. The Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel is the ideal vacation headquarters for couples, families (children stay free) and groups seeking the ultimate Hawaiian experience. The vast majority of our 644 guest rooms offer a private lanai and stunning full or partial ocean views. Diamond Head rises majestically on one side of the hotel, while legendary Waikiki Beach stretches out from the other. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Aston Honolulu
- Resort Quest Waikiki Beach Hotel
- Resortquest Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii
- Aston Hotel Waikiki
- Aston Waikiki Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu