We stayed at the Aqua Pacific Monarch for 2 weeks in February. Due to change in flights, we had to find accommodation at short notice, and there was not much available in Waikiki for the dates we wanted. We went with Pacific Monarch, and Im so glad we did.
The hotel is not located on the beach from, but is a few streets back on Kuhio Avenue, which is a main street, and only 2 minutes walk from the bus stop.
They have a free shuttle, that takes you to the Ala Moana and back daily, which was great. We walked there a few times, but it is great when you have been shopping and dont want to carry all your bags. :) The shuttle drivers were lovely, and very helpful.
We stayed in a studio room on the 28th floor. It was a bit small for 4 people, but I am not complaining. It accommodated our needs. If we wanted more space, we could have booked a bigger room. It was good to have a kitchen, and gave us the option to cook our own food. We had a kettle, microwave, stove, fridge, coffee machine, utensils, sink, plates etc.
The hotel is about 1 minute walk to the beach front, and about 30 seconds to the nearest ABC store.
The staff were professional, friendly and very helpful.
The rooftop pool was awesome. Always clean. The spa was also great too.
I have read a few reviews from people complaining about the noise. I did not find this a problem at all. Sure, you hear a few screams from people on a Friday and Saturday night, but I think you would hear that at any hotel.
All in all. I will surely be staying at the Pacific Monarch when I next come to Waikiki.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Waikiki, the renovated Aqua Pacific Monarch is located just 2 short blocks to world-famous Waikiki Beach and steps to the area's best shopping, dining, and nightlife. The hotel features spacious studios and one-bedroom suites, a restaurant, rooftop pool, jet spa, sauna, sundeck and coin-operated laundry facilities. Aqua Pacific Monarch embodies true convenience for beach life. With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning August 1, 2014, Aqua Pacific Monarch allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, each room comes with a mini-refrigerator, microwave, kitchenette with granite countertop and stovetops, and 32-inch LCDTVs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aqua Pacific Monarch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Pacific Monarch Hotel Honolulu
- Aston Hotel Honolulu
- Aston Hotel Pacific Monarch
- Resortquest Pacific Monarch Honolulu
- Pacific Monarch Hawaii
- Resort Quest Pacific Monarch
- Aqua Pacific Monarch Hawaii/Honolulu