“Surprisingly Good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua Pacific Monarch

Save Saved
You added Aqua Pacific Monarch to your Saves list
Aqua Pacific Monarch
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2427 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Aston Pacific Monarch) (Waikiki)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 10%
Ranked #50 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
“Surprisingly Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Last minute booking...didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised. Rented a corner unit that had a balcony table and chairs which was really nice .. Had meals there. The one bedroom was not huge but with 2 kids we made it work. Clean and close to the beach. Good rental

• Stayed August 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed at the Aqua Pacific and found the staff, rooms and service all excellent. We had an ocean view room which gave us just that, a great view of the beach with a welcomed breeze each day. A 2 min walk to the beach, shops and transport made our stay very enjoyable. I Would stay here again.

Room Tip: The ocean view was well with it and the view from the roof gave you a good view of the size of Waiki...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Kapolei, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I did a staycation over Labor Day weekend and had no issues. I read a lot of the reviews and I agree that the AC is not the greatest. I had a West facing room so I got the afternoon sun. I kept my curtains closed during the day and the AC on high in the afternoon, and low at night with the ceiling fan running constantly and the room was very tolerable. The room was very clean and did not have any strange smells. The kitchenette was great, complete with plates, silverware, pots & pans, coffee maker, corkscrew, etc. The fridge is small, but perfect for a short stay. There is a PS4 as well, I didn't use it, but I thought it was a great touch for those who have kids. The room was spacious with a couch on one end, a table with four chairs in the middle and two single beds on the opposite end. A desk and chair with swivel flatscreen TV. There is also a dresser for clothes. The people across the hall from me blasted their TV, but I was only able to hear it when I went onto the hall. With the AC running, I heard very little going on outside or around me and was able to sleep very well. The lanai is very narrow, but in the winter months it would be great to open the giant glass doors and just sit an enjoy the breeze. The pool is on the top floor and there is a spectacular view and breeze. There is also a nice room to relax just one floor below with a big screen TV, tables, and couches which also has a great breeze.

The only negative is the AC is a floor level, not ceiling level so it is hard to get the cool air to circulate (and it blasted the bed closest to it) and I had a room with twin beds (although I used Hotwire and did not specifically request double/queen/kind).

If you use a 3rd party (IE Hotwire, Expedia, etc) to book the room, pay close attention to your charges. The desk clerk wasn't aware that I had already paid at the time of booking and almost charged me again. No biggie, just something to know about.

The location is amazing. You are one street back from the Waikiki Strip. Literally a 5 min walk to the beach. There are places to eat, shop, party, and walk all around you.

Room Tip: Choose a high up, non-East facing room (no morning sun/less street noise).
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stayed here in August and must say the staff were very helpful and friendly. Our room wasn't ready on arrival however there was an oceanview room that was available and we could be upgraded to that for an extra $20 per night plus taxes which we agreed to. We were on the 27th floor - very high but the view was amazing - could see out to the ocean. This resort has been refurbished and we found the room to be very nice and the bed was super comfy. Great location. The only negatives I would say would be the air con was quite old and noisy to try and sleep and the lift was slow. I would stay here again and is very affordable.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the Diamond Head side high up so you get a good view of the ocean
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Padua, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

we chose the aqua pacific monarch mainly for location, one stone throw away from Kuhio beach, 3 minutes distance from Duke's statue. The hotel is just behind the Hyatt, on the higher floors it definitely has the same view as the hyatt... with a totally different and more approachable budget. we had a "1bedroom ocean view & kitchen" on the 31st floor, it was supposed to be renovated, the furniture in the room and kitchen looked new enough but the bathroom not at all... but all amenities were there, wifi, beach towels etc. I think that it is a fantastic location and an ok hotel to be for somebody who wants to stay in waikiki.

Room Tip: definitely the high floors
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Lorton, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were there for almost 2 weeks in July 2014. The room felt cramped; we didn't feel they maximized the best use of their space. The A/C in our room didn't work very well, so we sweat all night and all day. The A/C leaked water all over our stuff. We used our bath towels they gave us to clean up the mess. We called the front desk to replenish the towels. they brought us wash cloths and hand towels. They made our beds every day, but rarely cleaned. The floor was always filthy, bathroom and bathtub filthy before we arrived and it stayed that way throughout our trip. We had to ask for coffee replenishment every day b/c they didn't refill it when they "cleaned" our room.
The fire alarms went off at 3:00 AM frequently. They also went off during the day, but that was less troublesome. But, like the "boy who cried wolf", if there was really a fire, I don't think I'd leave b/c I've gotten used to the fire alarms going off.
The housekeeping staff was very friendly when we'd see them in the hall. The front desk was less than friendly. They acted like they didn't have time for us. once when I went down to tell them their washers took more money than is advertized on the washer she shrugged me off. I told her they should put a sign on them so people know to bring more money (b/c there's not a change machine where the laundry facilities are).
Parking garage was a bit small, and hard to get through if there is more than one car trying to park or coming in opposite directions. be careful because they WILL tow.
The pool and upstairs meeting room was pretty nice! We didn't use these areas though, because we stayed so busy.
The hotel is only a few blocks from the zoo and a few blocks from the beach, so the location was nice. (besides the police having to shoot someone half block away.)
All in all, if I had to do it all over again, I probably would NOT stay here. It was reasonably priced, but I think I'd pay just a tad bit more for a better hotel and better service.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and I love the central location. Rooms were a great size with a kitchenette. The view from the rooftop pool is one of the best in waikiki. Staff were very helpful and polite. Wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Stay on the city side of the building to avoid the afternoon sun.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Been to Aqua Pacific Monarch? Share your experiences!