The Pacific Monarch is perfectly located just two short blocks from Waikiki beach and reasonably priced, offering great value.
We booked a 1 bedroom suite for 3 nights there. The suites are small but have everything you need. There is a full kitchen, a dining table for four and a hide-a-bed in the main area. There is also a desk and flat screen TV. The bedroom is a reasonable size with two closets and a dresser. The bathroom is a full 3 piece. There is a safe in the room as well. The rooms are clean and have plenty of windows. Dishes and cooking needs are provided. There is a decent sized patio as well.
The staff are very friendly and check-in was a breeze.
There is plenty of shopping within walking distance from low to very high end pricing. There are plenty of restaurants nearby as well. There is also a Zoo within walking distance on the far end of the beech.
The only thing I didn't like, was that there is only one air conditioner in the suite and it is in the living area. There is a ceiling mounted fan in the bedroom but I would have preferred A/C. There is no TV in the bedroom either (not a concern to me but could be for others). Some of the rooms face the main street which has high traffic. Ours was in the back, so not a concern.
We had to check out well before our plane had to leave. The hotel checked our bags and suggested we could use their hospitality area. It is a large covered patio with plenty of seating and a flat screen TV. Access to the pool, hot tub, sauna and showers is off of this area as well.
Overall a great stay. If your not bothered by the few negatives I have mentioned here, I would highly recommend staying here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Waikiki, the renovated Aqua Pacific Monarch is located just 2 short blocks to world-famous Waikiki Beach and steps to the area's best shopping, dining, and nightlife. The hotel features spacious studios and one-bedroom suites, a restaurant, rooftop pool, jet spa, sauna, sundeck and coin-operated laundry facilities. Aqua Pacific Monarch embodies true convenience for beach life. With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning August 1, 2014, Aqua Pacific Monarch allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, each room comes with a mini-refrigerator, microwave, kitchenette with granite countertop and stovetops, and 32-inch LCDTVs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Aqua Pacific Monarch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Pacific Monarch Hotel Honolulu
- Aston Hotel Honolulu
- Aston Hotel Pacific Monarch
- Resortquest Pacific Monarch Honolulu
- Pacific Monarch Hawaii
- Resort Quest Pacific Monarch
- Aqua Pacific Monarch Hawaii/Honolulu