“Great Location” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua Pacific Monarch

Save Saved
You added Aqua Pacific Monarch to your Saves list
Aqua Pacific Monarch
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2427 Kuhio Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Aston Pacific Monarch) (Waikiki)   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 10%
Ranked #53 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Buffalo, New York
“Great Location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

We stayed the week of Oct 19th-26th Aqua Pacific Monarch the former Aston Pacific Monarch pre cruise on the Pride of America. We had a one bed condo with a city view on the 6th floor. It had two twin beds in the bedroom a small closet with a safe and a queen size bed in the living room & a sofa bed. It was listed as sleeping 5. It could sleep that many but where you would keep your luggage would be a problem. This worked well for the 4 of us. The twin beds will be short for a tall person. The bed in the living was situated in front of the air conditioning unit which blocked the rest of the room from getting any cool air. We immediately move the bed in front of the sliding glass door. This helped but it was still very warm in the bedroom. We kept the curtains closed to help keep it cooler. The curtains did not close tightly. I had brought clothes pin for hand washing laundry. They helped with keeping the early morning sun out. So it really did not matter what view we had because we kept the curtains closed. The lanai was pretty much useless as it was very small &narrow & the view was of the parking garage & the next hotel. We only use it to dry our beach shoes.

The kitchen was equipped with a stove/oven, toaster, refrigerator, coffer maker, dishes/bowls, tea kettle, cup/glasses, pot & pans, silverware, dish soap, paper towels coffee, tea ,sweeter & creamer. We used a couple drawers in the kitchens to put clothes in. There is a laundry room on the 3ed floor $2 to wash $2 to dry. You could buy laundry detergent there we brought some tide pods with us.

They no longer charge the $15 a day amenity fee. The free wifi worked great.

The bathroom has a shower tub combo. They provided bar soap, body wash shampoo & conditioner & fresh towels daily& mid week sheet change. The maid service was very good.
The rooftop pool & hot tub had a beautiful panoramic view from the 32ed floor. We used it almost every day. On Friday night we went up and watch the fireworks.
The location was very convenient to Waikiki Beach a 5 min walk about block & half. We rent 2 chairs & umbrella for $20 for 2hr or $50 for all day. Also one day we took an hr catamaran ride for $20 each. We got on near the beach 2 Duke’s.

Now don’t get me wrong this place is not perfect. The area off lobby near the elevator has a very bad smell as dose the stairway to the pool and the hall leading to our room smelled like garbage possibly due to the garbage shoot in the hall. But once you are in your room no odor could be detected. The couch was tired and definitely some new curtains or blinds would freshen up the condo. But we were there only a week we made the best of it.
We felt safe & comfortable in our home away from home. We spent very little time in our condo with all there is to do and see. Not to mention the shopping! It was like New York City with palm trees lol.

As for the shopping to name a few places the flea market @ the Aloha Stadium is a must on Wed, Sat or Sun. We took a shuttle for $5 each round trip and $1 to get in. We went there on our first full day and did not realize how good the prices really were. We had lunch from the shrimp truck & it was delicious one of many we ate from. There is a free shuttle to Hilo Hattie’s & it will take you to the Flea Market or the Ala Moana Shopping Center. Also there is a shrimp truck in the parking lot of Hilo Hattie’s. Until December, sadly there is the International Market Place. It is slated to be torn down to make way for a Saks Fifth Ave. @ the market there was some great place to grab lunch/dinner. Kings Village is not far from the hotel we notice it from the rooftop pool. One night they had a farmers market & live music. I found some nice souvenirs @ Ross. There is a post office @ the International Market & with a ships it fits box for $16.85 I shipped home my treasures.

We contemplated renting a car and driving to the North Shore. Then we met a shuttle driver while we were @ the flea market & asked him about driving us around for the day. He quotes us $65 each & we felt this was good so we took him up on it. His name was Roz 1-808-699-7224. It was the best day. Roz took us all the way around Oahu. He knew exactly where to stop for the best views, interesting place to see & shop & a shrimp farm & restaurant for lunch called Romy’s. Most importantly he knew where the clean rest rooms were. We would have never found any of this on our own. Not to mention the stories alone the way. He picked us up @ 9a & dropped us off @ 6p @ any time we did not feel rushed. He was a very kind caring man he shared stories about his family & his life. We also use him to take us to the cruise port and to the airport. When we first arrive we used A8 and we had no complaints.

All in all we enjoyed our stay @ the Aqua Pacific Monarch & if in the area would consider staying again. The location to the beach and the action are ideal & the staff where very helpful & friendly.

During the week we attended the Germaine’s Luau it was a long ride in traffic on a bus. But Cousin Kenny helped pass the time joking around & getting people to interact with each other. The Luau will not start until all the buses get there. We must have been the last bus. As soon as we arrived after pictures we were lead to the picnic table about 3 row from the front and we where the first called up in line for the food. It was my first Luau the show was good the food not so much.

I will be glad to answer any questions.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

76 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Room was very well equipped
Views from the 29th floor of Waikiki beach were outstanding
Close to most of the things you want to do during the day or evening in Waikiki
On site parking was handy even though it was a bit dear
Air conditioner was woefully inadequate for the size of the unit

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
auckland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

A great hotel, good location, spacious and clean rooms. Need to work on their customer service. First issue minor - not overly friendly about rectifying their booking mistake - gave us a double (not ideal for adult brother & sister) when a twin room was clearly on our booking form. Their response was use the sofa bed, and were reluctant to move us to a twin room.

The second issue was my mistake but I am really surprised that the hotel wasn't able to provide a good outcome. Just before checking out I'd put my wet bikini in a hotel towel to dry it off a bit, got side tracked packing & ended up leaving it behind. Contacted Hotel within 24 hours of checking out (as soon as I'd got back to NZ). Neither the hotel nor their laundry service located the bikini despite me telling them exactly where it had been left - seems strange to me a bikini wrapped up in a towel wasn't discovered by room service or laundry - where else could it get too?! Disappointed as I know of friends who've left cheap and easily replaceable umbrella's behind and a hotel has posted it to them! You'd hope a hotel would make an effort to locate something a guest left behind but I got the impression they assumed from the outset it was gone.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Stayed in May but I have forgotten to do my review so here it is..

Checked in pretty late so check in was nice and quick.. When we got to do the room it was nice and clean. We did not have a nice view from our room, just a view looking down onto the street. Did not have even any issues with room during our stay . The hotel is a 5 minute walk to Waikiki beach which was very convenient. There was ABC store on every corner if you needed to buy anything. If you want to buy liquor do it before 11pm!! One en night we were stuck driving around looking for a place to buy alcohol but they stop selling at 11pm everywhere. The rooftop pool was nice, such a great view. We went up there since the beach was too packed and it was nice to get some sun and be in the water.

We rented a car since we went there for a wedding and needed to drive outside of waikiki area. I recommend if you are planning on staying in the waikiki area and only going out on tours you do not need to rent a car. We also needed to pay $20 a day for parking.

We went to Hanauma bay for snorkelling which a must do! If you are driving I recommend going to Waimanalo beach. It is beautiful!! The beach I quiet and you don't have to worry about lots of people.

We enjoyed our stay in Hawaii, would come back to this hotel if I got a good deal but I would probably try out a different hotel on the Waikiki strip.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bay of Islands New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

We stayed for 2 separate one nights before and after a week on Maui, on the first night I left my gents gold band heirloom ring on the bed side table on check out at 10.00am, with travelling to Maui and all that entailed it was not until 4.00pm when I was able to telephone the hotel from Maui and enquire about my 'lost' possession, how relieved I was, not to mention my wife who was going to 'skin me alive' to be told it was handed in by housekeeping to reception and I was able to retrieve my ring one week later when we returned. We duly rewarded 'housekeeping' for her honesty and this made our holiday complete. The only grumble we had on our 2nd night was when we tried to operate the oven to heat up a meal we were unable to make the darn thing work and the maintenance man was also unable to operate the seemingly uncooperative offending electric oven, apart from that we would definaely stay again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Aqua Pacific Monarch? Share your experiences!