First and foremost the most enjoyable part of our stay was by far the outstanding staff we interacted with while we were there. Dexter, Ese and Harry handled all of our needs and questions with a courteous smile and great service.
As is the case with most Waikiki hotels, this is an older building but it seems management has done a decent job at keeping things updated and clean. We were in a 3 bedroom suite on the top floor and had no issues with noise from below or neighbors. Both elevators were running and we never had to wait more than a minute for one to arrive.
Our room was well kept and clean overall. The room featured a full size fridge, stove top, microwave and TV in the living room as well as two of the three bedrooms. There were two bathrooms; one in the "master" bedroom and the other in between the two smaller bedrooms (a Jack and Jill type setup). Overall the room was more than adequate for our needs however we had four minor issues with our room/stay:
1. The sliding glass door going out to the balcony did not have any type of childproof mechanism
2. The room only had place settings for four people instead of the max occupancy of the room
3. The wifi access in our room spotty at best
4. There are a very limited number of parking spots onsite (22 if memory serves me correctly)
The parking issue has been discussed at length so we knew that well in advance and parked in another location for our stay. I was glad to see both elevators were working for our visit and the location just a few blocks from the beach was fantastic. Overall things were more than adequate for our stay. The room more than met our needs and the staff we interacted with were all courteous and gave us the impression they really cared about our experience at their hotel. We would not hesitate to stay at the Aqua Waikiki Pearl again in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Aqua Waikiki Pearl is a renovated mid-rise hotel tucked into the heart of Waikiki. This location showcases the vibrant city, near shops and restaurants. Located just 2 blocks to Waikiki Beach, this comfortable hotel offers spacious accommodations, large balconies in most rooms, a refrigerator, a microwave, and a coffeemaker with full kitchens in suites. You'll also enjoy the on-site sports bar, Legends, with multi-screen TV's, as well as various retail shops and services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Pearl reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Pearl Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Pearl Hotel Honolulu
- Aston Honolulu Prince Hotel
- Honolulu Prince Hotel
- Aqua Waikiki Pearl Hawaii/Honolulu