“Great value for money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Sydney, Australia
“Great value for money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

for the price this hotel was more than satisfactory. The staff were brilliant, from the front desk, to the cleaners. We were made very welcome. Rooms were clean and tidy and we found the beds comfy. Being in the 'noisier' part of town, there was a bit of noise on the Saturday night (which we expected) but this in no way caused us dissatisfaction. We were on level 2 (at our request) so I imagine if you were on a higher level you may not even hear the noise. We travelled with our 1 yo and found the junior suite to be a great size and again, the staff were very friendly and helpful as we were travelling with a child. The location was a short stroll through the international market to the beach and there was a supermarket (Food Pantry) one block up which is always convenient when travelling with a little one

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

836 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Korean first
Prague, Czech Republic
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

We only stayed for two days and the location was great. I had read the reviews of all the hotels in Wakiki seeming to be more run down inside so I wasnt too surprised that this one was not so new looking.
The room was clean, the bed was fine. But the noise was bad. We had suggested to be on a higher floor via our internet reservation but they only had the 3rd floor. I thought that would be fine, but it was still too close to the on going motor of the big air conditioning unit. Also we could hear laughter and voices throughout the night.

Room Tip: Try to make sure you get a room at the higher floors if possible.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

My family and I just returned from a 6 night stay at the AWP. We stayed here last July and were excited to be coming back again. The AWP did not disappoint! We stayed on the 6th floor and had no issues with noise. The room was cleaned daily and again, my family of four was very comfortable with the size of the room. Beaches are within walking distance, Starbucks on the corner, many restaurants close by and the International Marketplace just across the street. Free wi-fi in rooms is great upgrade from last year. We did have a car and on two nights came back and the lot was full but we just crossed the street and parked at their sister hotel. Not super convenient, but not that big of a deal either. The shining star (stars, really) are its employees. The front desk staff is amazing. Charity, Eric, Harry, Dexter and the rest of the staff treat you like Ohana. Dexter even recognized my family from our visit last year! Always an Aloha or a wave/smile when you enter the lobby. I hope to return to Oahu again next year and have no doubt that my family will stay at the AWP. Mahalo Aqua Waikiki Pearl staff for another wonderful stay. A hui hou kakou.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Went on a girl trip to Hawaii for some R&R and stayed here for 6 nights. If you just need a clean room to sleep and shower, then this is an excellent choice for lodging. It’s in a great location – few blocks from Waikiki Beach with plenty of shops and restaurants around. If you have a car, it’s also a little easier to find street parking. And they have FREE wi-fi!

To top it off, the whole staff is wonderful! Everyone here was really friendly and helpful. Walking through the lobby was like seeing friends. Jamar and Robbie at the front definitely made our stay at the hotel pleasant. Jamar was amazing and suggested several beaches, hikes, and restaurants for us to check out. All his suggestions did not disappoint.

Will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Makawao, Hawaii
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

The room we got was not shown on the website. It was a corner room with no balcony, pay per view, phone book, extra pillow, blanket, dry cleaner bag, pen, paper, table or desk to write or eat on. We ended up using the ironing board for our table. Before we got to use the bathroom there was hair on the bathroom floor and hair even stuck to the base board. The sink kept plugging up and the only window you could open was in the bathroom. The parking was so limited, you should count on having to use the public parking car lift that takes time to drop off and pick up. It's about a block away, so you're having to carry your things with you.
The only good things were the friendly staff and convenient location to shops and dinning.
We asked for an upgrade the next morning to a room with a balcony. It was not expensive for the one bdrm suite that had a full kitchen, but the room had a very bad odor. We sprayed perfume all over, and it didn't help much.

Room Tip: Go with a one bedroom with balcony and full kitchen unit.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Buenos Aires
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

The hotel was perfect for what we need. The rooms were clean and tidy and big, so big tha the TV was a little bit to far from the bed. The staff was great and very friendly. They had fresh water with watermelon in it and coffee all day at the reception. The location was perfect, near Waikiki beach and al the nice shops arround.
Something no so good was the parking lot, allways full and a little expensive. We parked on a parking lot just a few meters away and it was cheaper.
Another thing not no so good was that at night the street gets a little bit noisy.
Although this 2 things we had an excellent time, and we defenitelly would stay at the hotel again,

Room Tip: its better to make the reservation online on the site of the hotel, its cheaper and you can ask for...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I stayed for 7 days there (for joining 2 day tour of other islands and visiting friend). Its location is very good. Easy access to the Waikiki beach and many restaurants nearby. They also provide microwave (besides fridge) in room. Most of all is their reasonable price in Waikiki.
But they seem not taking care of customer's security. One night the electric power in my room suddenly shut down and it was all dark in room. I have to use my iPhone having light to find the room phone for calling the front desk. They did come in a few minutes and tell me that the main switch of my room electric power (which is outside my room and easily reached by anyone) is trun off by someone. They said it always happens. Another issue that I joined a day tour for Hawaii Big Island and have to depart at 5am early morning for the airport. When I go out of my room, I find a man sleeping outside my door (near corridor). Such things really scare a single woman (me) traveling alone! One more weird thing: when I come back from the day tour that night, a fake Visa credit card (have name but no signature) is inserted in my key slot and they didn't clean up my room that day! For security reason, I won't stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Aqua Waikiki Pearl? Share your experiences!