“Great location, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%!
Ranked #46 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Brisbane, Australia
“Great location, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Hotel was in a great location - within the two blocks of the hotel there was a great bus service (didn't have to wait more than 5 mins), pharmacy, medical centre, food (short walk to McDonalds), ABC stores, grocery store and the international market place - a quick walk through here will get you to the fancy shops, Dukes, Waikiki Beach. Rooms were clean. Microwave, small fridge, TV and internet provided in rooms. All in all a great stay. Special mention to Harry - he was great in recommending places to eat and bus transfers to get about town - he deserves a pay rise! ;)

Room Tip: Request a room away from the street side - it is quieter. We stayed on the 3rd floor.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Aqua Waikiki Pearl, responded to this review, March 21, 2012
Aloha,

Our location is so popular with our guests, as yourself also. With all the stores, places to eat, ABC Store and the International Marketplace right there, who needs to rent a car? We try and keep our spacious rooms clean and comfortable for all of our guests.

I will share this with Harry, our true blue trooper. Even at his age he continues to stay fit by playing tennis and is a plethora of local knowledge.

Please contact me before your return trip so I may personally assist you in booking your reservation.

A hui hou (a who-ee-hoe) until we meet again,

Aqua Waikiki Wave

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

My family and I stayed at this hotel for about 3 weeks and enjoyed our time! Lucena, our room service attendant/ maid was fantastic! she did an awesome job cleaning our room everyday and making us feel as comfy as possible! The hotel and staff in general was very nice, but Lucena really went above and beyond, making our room/ bathroom very tidy and clean on a daily basis! I would definately recommend this hotel and if you you do choose to stay here ask if Lucena can be your maid!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

Booked this hotel because the rates were reasonable for a two bedroom w/kitchen in Waikiki. Upon checking in the staff is pleasant, all rooms clean and spacious.
Only downer was the daily room service. For a two bedroom they only had towels for two people. I would assume when they (or if the information) was known that four people were staying, they should have had the proper number of towel sets. That remedied the second day. Third day no service at all. Not even to make the beds. The fourth day they only made the bed, did not change the sheets. SO I had to request the changing of sheets the next day, and in addition, more hand soap. (The soap was given to us on the the 7th day.) Then the sheets were the same for the rest of our stay... Not so horrible, BUT when sand is found in the sheets, its a bit annoying to fix it ourselves. We had 9 days in 808, had a good time, Just could have been a bit better with consistant room service. Hopefully this is not the norm.
I think we would stay here again, The value, polite front desk staff and location is great.

Room Tip: The daily delivery trucks or garbage trucks are loud at 5am! Two-bedroom suites are very spacious...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Aloha,

You will be happy to know, but not as happy as I, that we have just made a considerable investment in our towel inventory and that situation has been rectified. Did you have a chance to request any soap before the 7th day? If we had known they would have gladly replenished your supply.

I will share your comments with our Executive Housekeeper so they are aware of your concerns. Our staff are just the greatest, I am like their biggest cheerleader; where are my pom poms? When you have a chance to share the aloha spirit with someone, to share a smile, to be encouraging by offering just a simple ‘have a good day’. When you can do that and spread the aloha around, now that is great service.

Stony Plain, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2012

This was the best staffed hotel that we have ever stayed at. The staff were all very helpful and polite, and always had a smile as well as a greeting by name whenever we passed through the lobby. The room was huge ( 2 bedroom suite) and the location was great. There is a starbucks right beside the hotel, as well as a grocery store about 1 block away. The market Place is directly out of your hotel and loads of restaurants all over. The beach is only a 5 minute walk as well. The hotel has beach towels, chairs and beach mats for you to use at no cost, you just need to sign it out. We were very impressed with this hotel and will for sure be back. Thanks so much for the wonderful time Gabriel, Dexter, and Sara- Beth!! You all made our holiday even better by being so fantastic! My 8 year old said before the cab pulled away to take us back to the airport thst he already missed Dexter. Great place to stay, clean rooms (thanks Elisa!) and great management at this hotel will make you happy that you stayed here. Thanks again Pearl!! See you next year. Sheri Hanna

Room Tip: 2 bedroom has tons of room! Very spacious, but pick a room higher up so it is less noise from the st...
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Aqua Waikiki Pearl, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Aloha and mahalo for your gracious review,

I will share your review with all of our staff this week. This will confirm to them that their extra efforts are recognized by our guests. We try to treat our guests as if they were staying at our homes, and realize that they are like extended family to us.

The beach chairs and the beach towels are a nice perk, and you don’t have to pack a big bulky towel in your limited space in your suitcases. I am glad that your holiday was so enjoyable, and give your 8 year old a big aloha hug from us.

Thank you for your review, and feel free to contact me when booking your return trip.

A hui hou ( a who-ee hoe) until we meet again,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2012 via mobile

I love the customer service and the rooms where clean. The only flaw about it is the parking but that's waikiki for you.

• Stayed March 2012
Aloha and mahalo for your review,

We work with our staff to always try their best with every guest, every time and all the time. Our housekeeping department takes pride in their work and try and go the extra mile, treating our guests like ohana (oh-ha-na) or family.

Parking, it is what it is as you have mentioned. In a city where retail space is leased by the square inch and not the square foot, you realize the predicament of our parking.

A hui hou ( a who-ee hoe) until we meet again,

Irvine, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

Great budget hotel. Staff was really friendly and helpful. Property and rooms were clean. Good location.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
WaikikiWave, General Manager at Aqua Waikiki Pearl, responded to this review, March 7, 2012
Aloha and mahalo for your review,

I agree with your headline, 'Nice and Comfy' because we are. Less is more, and I appreciate someone who gets to the point. You are absolutely correct on all points: budget hotel, friendly and helpful staff, property and rooms clean, good location. I couldn’t have said it better.

I do want to thank you for taking the time to submit this review and I will share your comments with our staff at our next property luncheon. If you do return to Hawaii, I hope that you will choose to stay with us again, we’d love to have you. If that is your choice, contact me so I can personally book your stay.

A hui hou (a who-ee hoe) until we meet again,

Sacramento
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2012

My only reason for traveling to Waikiki is to visit my daughter, and so finding a clean hotel at a reasonable price is a top priority. My mom and I booked a Jr. Suite at the Pearl on a recent trip out to visit my daughter who attends university in Honolulu, and we were really pleased with the cleanliness and spaciousness of the room, the friendliness of the staff, and the close proximity to all that Waikiki offers.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Aloha and mahalo for your review,

Traveling to visit family is so exciting but stressful at the same time. Our son attends college in the mainland, and we always try to find the best value when we travel. I am glad the Junior Suite accommodated your needs. Our staff works very hard at keeping our rooms clean for all of our guests. Many of our guests are amazed at the spaciousness of our rooms.

The aloha spirit is what makes our property so memorable; it is what our staff shares with our guests as they work throughout the day. And let us not forget our location, which is the number one feature of our property.

Please contact me on your return trip so I may personally assist you with your booking.

A hui hou (a who-ee hoe) until we meet again,

Aqua Waikiki Wave

Been to Aqua Waikiki Pearl? Share your experiences!