We stayed here for 19 nights, arriving on the 23rd September. Booking online was a breeze as was check-in. The one thing we noticed was the steep stairs to the entrance which is a hindrance if you have heavy luggage. There was no ramp, which would have been useful. If there are enough staff available to help, this would not be much of a problem, otherwise it can be; although to be fair, we didn't see anyone struggling or stranded outside at the time of our stay.
We opted for the Junior Suite, partial Ocean View which meant paying a little more, but the room was fabulous with A/C, two large beds and verandas, a flat-screen TV, safe, Wi-Fi, coffee-maker and microwave included. We were on the top (15th floor), but the elevators are so speedy it takes less than15 seconds to reach Ground floor uninterrupted. The staff were very friendly. On a couple of occasions when we had minor problems, it took a while for the situation to be resolved and in one case, I had to resolve the problem myself despite promises that help would be forthcoming.
Generally, the room was kept very clean, but once or twice I noticed the carpet was not swept by the bed and the trash wasn't emptied from the bin by the TV. However, considering the size of the rooms and the hotel, this is very forgivable as the cleaners work non-stop to provide a clean environment.
The location of the hotel is very good. Bus stops are literally outside the front door. The beach is a leisurely 10 minute walk away. Shops and restaurants are, again, in the street outside the front door.
We had a very pleasant and comfortable stay at the Aqua Waikiki Wave and would not only recommend this to anyone, but would happily stay here again as our first choice. Due to no ramp being available and the other nuisances mentioned above, I've rated this 4 stars overall instead of 5.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hotel
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Waikiki Wave is a contemporary boutique hotel featuring spacious rooms with a hip decor located 1 block to the beach and next to the International Marketplace in the heart of Waikiki. This hotel offers the following FREE amenities: WiFi Internet access in-room & throughout hotel, local & toll-free calls, AquaBLISS pillow top beds, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. Additional amenities include a business center, activities desk, retail shops, convenience store and two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Amex, Travelocity, Tingo, BookIt.com, Priceline, EasyToBook, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Wave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.