“Located perfectly for fun!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua Waikiki Wave

Save Saved
You added Aqua Waikiki Wave to your Saves list
Aqua Waikiki Wave
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2299 Kuhio Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Aqua Coral Reef (~2006/9/30))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Summer Sale - Save 15%!
Ranked #42 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Anchorage, Alaska
“Located perfectly for fun!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

We were on the 14th floor, had a balcony which had mountain, city, and partial ocean views. Room was clean, nicely appointed. Good value. Wonderful to watch the sunsets from. Easy walk to the beach and many restaurants as well as stores which stayed open late. The city bus stopped right in front of the hotel as did the Trolley "pink line" to Ala Moana shopping center. We enjoyed our stay and the front desk folks were helpful, professional and made us laugh too!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

2,126 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This will be my third stay at this hotel and I am extremely pleased once again. This hotel is great quality for price and the staff is what keeps me returning. I came with a friend and when we checked in we asked for an upgrade since I am a returning customer. The person I spoke to said he couldn't accommodate this as it was sold out and we were slightly disappointed. We began chatting with Michael a few days later and he upgraded us immediately to a beautiful corner junior suite with a view of the fireworks. But he didn't stop there. The next day we came and told Michael our plans as we rented a car and he pulled out a map and immediately began helping us plan. He showed us the must sees and also where to stay away from. Chris also offered some great recommendations, what a nice guy! They gave us fantastic options and we ended up having an amazing day. They were so sweet and caring, telling us to make sure our shoes laces were tied tight on our hike as it would be slippery and equipped us with extra towels (awh!) Today we are checking out, and when I told Michael I was going to the beach as our flight leaves at 10pm, he even gave us a late check out for 2pm instead of 12pm so we could enjoy our extra half a day here. He then gave us cookies and chocolates as a thank you. I am telling you right now this hotel thrives off of its people and Michael is an amazing person and a key player to this hotel's success. Both my friend and I will be returning to this hotel and Michael and the team are a huge part of our decision. I must call out a few others who made my last visit in October 2012 with my boyfriend extra special...Isaac, Dexter, and James thank you guys as well! As long as a hotel makes their guests feel as special as they made me feel they deserve this five star rating!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My wife and i spent 10 days here in October, we had room 1516, partial ocean veiw, this is very true, but not just a small view either. we would sit on the balcony and watch what was happening with the clouds over the mountains and the surfers on the waves. the room was comfortable, the hotel staff were very helpfull. we would happily stay here again. there's no pool and Its not on the beach, but its just a short walk to the beach. thebus stops just outside the door, close to all the shopping and a 10% discount at Macy's on the room key. go for the higher floors as there is live music around most nights, up high the noise wasn't to noticable. cleaning staff are good.

Room Tip: rooms on the west side and high up are the better rooms, 1515 is classed as the best in the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

This hotel was great to stay at with a good location very close to stores, restaurants, close to bus to the shopping centre and a short walk to Waikiki beach for a decent price. Everything was clean they give you beach towels to use. Great staff, Terrina spent time sharing information about different restaurants and we were given an upgrade to move up a few floors. Was not terribly noisy they even provide guests with ear plugs. Would highly recommend and would stay here again. The only negative is they require a deposit and with the credit card deposit and return you end up losing money. Next time I will likely leave cash for the deposit if possible.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

This hotel is centrally located, has large rooms, friendly staff and worked for me!
I had a large 2 x double room for one person and it was an oasis in amongst busy Waikiki. Very well located and safe for a person travelling alone. I really enjoyed my stay here. Knowing how much tourists were spending in other hotels I felt like the smug one....right in the heart of everything with all the comfort and not the price tag. This is not the newest hotel in town but if you are wanting to spend your money in other ways (as I did) then it will be more than adequate. It is important to note that it does not have a pool, but not needed with Waikiki Beach 5 mins walk away. Bus is right outside the door to take you to and from Ala Moana Shopping Centre. The lovely Leticia cleaned my room and was very helpful and available.

Room Tip: Probably a higher floor, but I did not find the noise from the street annoying (but I was on the 12t...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

We stayed for 5 nights from 18th Sept to 23rd Sept 2013
There is nothing to fault "Waikiki Wave", If so you would be VERY HARD to please. We have stayed at "The Wave" on many occasions . Look fwd to staying again at "The Wave " in the next 2 years.
Staff are friendly and are always happy when you approach the services desk.
Yes there is no pool but why would that be an issue? The best pool in the world is just a block away on Waikiki Beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing towards Diamond head as it is the more sunny side of the hotel. We have asked...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Charleston, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Very nice hotel with a perfect location in Waikiki. The entire staff was so very helpful and friendly. Met Jamar, Treena, Flora, James, Elma and Michael during my stay. Elma cleaned the room beautifully and was so sweet. Flora (Mama) went out of her way to make me feel special. Michael at the front desk was so very helpful with any questions I had about the area and he went beyond being super helpful when I had questions. He was funny and very personable. I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again and I will when I return next year.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Aqua Waikiki Wave? Share your experiences!