Recently stayed for 11 nights at the Aqua Waikiki Wave Hotel. A very welcoming and friendly experience from our 11pm check-in to our 12 noon check-out. Kisha on reception is an absolute gem with her friendly attitude and local knowledge which she was only to happy to share. She never failed to wish us 'Aloha' and the hope that we were going to have a great day.
We stayed on the 7th floor on the Duke Lane side and did not have any problem with noise except for Friday and Saturday night when they have music and entertainment in the International Market but cotton wool in the ears blocked out any noise and we enjoyed good sleep on the very comfortable beds. The bed linen was fresh and was changed 3 times in the short time we stayed by the very friendly housekeeping staff. Plenty of hot water in the shower - no matter what time of day. The lifts have been upgraded and the longest time we had to wait was approx. 2-3 mins at the busiest time of the day. Had a blocked toilet one day (not our fault) and the maintenance guy arrived only 5 mins after a phone call. Problem solved immediately and efficiently.
A great bakery only 3 doors along for light breakfasts, lunches etc and with the International Market just behind the hotel its in a great location for food.
To sum up, the hotel is a little tired in places but the great staff more than make up for any deficiencies. I would definitely recommend this hotel to budget travellers who want a great location and friendly, efficient staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Waikiki Wave located 1 block to Waikiki beach is a contemporary boutique hotel featuring spacious rooms with a hip decor. The beachy-urban vibe and stellar location will make you feel like you're living the dream. With affordable accommodations, staying at Aqua Waikiki Wave is the way to experience life in Hawaii. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Waikiki Wave allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towels and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll have access to the business center, activities desk, retail shops, convenience store and two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Wave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hawaii/Honolulu