“Great Hotel in the city!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Aqua Waikiki Wave

You added Aqua Waikiki Wave to your Saves list
Aqua Waikiki Wave
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2299 Kuhio Avenue, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815 (Formerly Aqua Coral Reef (~2006/9/30))   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%
Ranked #54 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Modesto, California
“Great Hotel in the city!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Waikiki Wave for 3 nights and reallly enjoyed our stay. This was our first time visiting Oahu and were excited to check out the island and explore. I enjoyed the room view, we were on the 11th floor, the lanai was excellent!

I liked the room decor, beds were very comfortable and we were able to sleep well every night. Quiet hotel. The staff was very welcoming and inviting, which we thought was excellent! The few times we had questions or needed to arrange a cab, the staff was so helpful and eager to work with us, which was so appreciated!

We also really enjoyed the complimentary items, beach towels for the beach, cookies on our pillow and at check out. Thank you to everyone at the Aqua Waikiki Wave for providing a wonderful hotel for your guests and thank you for an excellent stay!

Room Tip: Friday nights tend to be busy for nightlife, so it can be noisy on the street level late into the ni...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Diane G

Lynnwood, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My sister-in-law and I stayed here during our layover(s) to the Philippines. They had great reviews and it was suitable, price-wise, for our wallets! The service was more than welcoming and very helpful. Most especially William! Our shuttle service didn't show up on time and was nearly 30 minutes late. He stayed with us and contacted the shuttle service himself (since we were put on hold for another 20 minutes) until our ride finally came! We haaaaad to book another night here on our way back from the PI, which is exactly what we did!

The location is perfect, too! Located on Kuhio, it's walking distance from most tourist spots: The International Market, Waikiki Beach, one of many ABC stores, The Hula Dog (nom nom nommm!), and across from the Marukame Udon restaurant. Everything you really need is only a few blocks away.

I think the one downfall about this place is that at the time that we were staying there, they were fixing the elevators. So you can imagine that the elevator service was super slow! But in all honesty, that shouldn't stop you from staying here. It's a great place with all the necessary amenities!

Will definitely stay here again during our next visit!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Leilani A
Stockholm, Sweden
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

The staff is very friendly, the location is very good. The rooms were great considering that the hotel is quite cheap if you compare to other hotels on Waikiki.

The hotel does however have two problems right now. They are renovating the elevators so not all of them are working which means that you often have to wait for a very long time to get an elevator, the other problem is a really bad wifi. Having internet access might not be important to everyone, but I'm usually blogging when I'm traveling, and I'm also often looking for places to visit, tips on restaurants etc so I really need a working internet connection. The wifi on Aqua Wave is often very slow, and also completely unavailable at times.

I also stayed a couple of nights at Aqua Surf. The rooms at Aqua Wave is better, and the location is also a bit better. The wifi at Aqua Surf worked better, and they also served breakfast.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrTheTraveller
Vancouver
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

My friend and I were back at the Aqua Waikiki Wave for 1 week in November this time instead of the usual 2 weeks that we usually do and still had an amazing time. I can not say enough about this hotel or the staff that I have not said before.They are always willing to do whatever it takes to make your stay there as comfortable and memorable as possible. This was my third time back here and it will not be my last time. Being on a higher floor with 2 lanai's is great, the views are unbelivable and you can always see the sun setting over the ocean....it is a beautiful site.
The location of the hotel is excellent, walking distance to the beach, bars and numerous restaurants.

A big ALOHA and MAHALO to George, Wayne, Isaac, Dexter, Jamar, James, Pelle, Kisha, Frank!!!! I look forward to coming back to the Aqua Waikiki Wave!!!

Room Tip: I would always recommend a higher floor, the views are incredible and not alot of noise as some peop...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank flowersvan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Has great cheap rates for decent rooms. My friends and I usually go here for hotel parties and what not. It's clean and the rooms and not so big but not no small either. I recommend to anyone looking for a cheap and decent hotel.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank kayah808
Moncton, NB
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

Here now and I see why people recommend it. The staff are great and the location is perfect. Clean rooms at reasonable rates...within walking distance to EVERYTHING. The hotel is at full capacity all weekend so that says something....waiting on our suite for Monday :). Come on down to Waikiki and hang loose baby!

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NewBTraveler
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Well you get what you pay for. Staying in Waikiki is generally expensive so $1450 for 9 nights is way down on the average though I was expecting more. Our room is old we are on level 2 viewing the multi level car park next door and comes with complementary ear plugs! There are painted patches on the ceiling, the ac is thick with dust/lint and makes the room smell, not as clean as other places - bed sheet pulled off and there were lots of hairs on the mattress protector, one lift broken for 5 days making for crowded lifts and long wait as we are only on level 2 it is not far down the steps, no pool here location is good though. Enough said

• Stayed January 2013