My sister-in-law and I stayed here during our layover(s) to the Philippines. They had great reviews and it was suitable, price-wise, for our wallets! The service was more than welcoming and very helpful. Most especially William! Our shuttle service didn't show up on time and was nearly 30 minutes late. He stayed with us and contacted the shuttle service himself (since we were put on hold for another 20 minutes) until our ride finally came! We haaaaad to book another night here on our way back from the PI, which is exactly what we did!
The location is perfect, too! Located on Kuhio, it's walking distance from most tourist spots: The International Market, Waikiki Beach, one of many ABC stores, The Hula Dog (nom nom nommm!), and across from the Marukame Udon restaurant. Everything you really need is only a few blocks away.
I think the one downfall about this place is that at the time that we were staying there, they were fixing the elevators. So you can imagine that the elevator service was super slow! But in all honesty, that shouldn't stop you from staying here. It's a great place with all the necessary amenities!
Will definitely stay here again during our next visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Waikiki Wave is a contemporary boutique hotel featuring spacious rooms with a hip decor located 1 block to the beach. The beachy-urban vibe and stellar location will make you feel like you're living the dream. With affordable accommodations, staying at Aqua Waikiki Wave is the way to experience life in Hawaii. With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning August 1, 2014, Aqua Waikiki Wave allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll have access to the business center, activities desk, retail shops, convenience store and two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Wave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hawaii/Honolulu