This was my second stay at the Wave. Last time was 4 years ago. Decided to re-book based on my last experience but we weren't there on a Friday or Saturday night last time. We were on the 7th floor along side the parking garage. The noise was unbearable! You could hear word for word conversations from the street at 4am. The other nights were fine. The location is great. Close to the bus, the beach , shopping and restaurants. The staff is super helpful. One of the front desk members even loaned us his ipod charger as we forgot our adapter.
We reported that one of the bed lamps didn't work but it was never fixed. The bath ran continuously the whole time. You just couldn't turn it off! We kept the door closed so it didn't bother us too much. What a waste of water!
The free wi-fi doesn't work too well. Kept dropping out and couldn't make a voice skype call.
When I booked 4 months ago I noticed the reviews about the lifts being replaced. I figured it would be complete by the time we got here. But no.... What a nightmare. We were allowed to use the staff lift but it has a seperate set of buttons. So everybody requested both lifts and got into the first to arrive. But the other lift would then go to the requested floor anyway. So don't be in a hurry!
I would still consider staying at the hotel again. The beds are comfortable and the rooms spacious.It's a great location and the staff are wonderful. I'd think about which nights to stay, NOT Friday or Saturday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Waikiki Wave is a contemporary boutique hotel featuring spacious rooms with a hip decor located 1 block to the beach. The beachy-urban vibe and stellar location will make you feel like you're living the dream. With affordable accommodations, staying at Aqua Waikiki Wave is the way to experience life in Hawaii. With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning August 1, 2014, Aqua Waikiki Wave allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll have access to the business center, activities desk, retail shops, convenience store and two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Wave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hawaii/Honolulu