We stayed here for 7 days, understanding this was reviewed as a 3 star hotel. The first 2 nights were NOT GOOD. The first room I noticed in the first 5 minutes there was roach problems which freaked me out. They seem small so probably just hatched some baby uglies.We immediately left and requested another room which they provided to us same floor on 3rd fl. When we complained about the problem, the person at the front desk said they can move us to a better higher floor room for a additional charge of $25 per day. I thought that was ridiculous when we just saw roaches. The excuse was this is Hawaii Im sorry but we have roaches. Um...I dont think so. Im from NYC and there are roaches in everywhere too. Its up to the buiding to properly terminate critters and prevent them so this is no excuse. I have also traveled to much poorer hotter climates and have never seen this type or problem.
Another problem was there was no cold water. The shower was skin burning. When we complained they said it would be fixed by the time wen we come back. That evening it was not fixed. After 2 days of noise, terrible elevator issues, burning/drying skin from the hot water, and the fear of critters, I had enough. This time I spoke to Issaac who was very understanding of our problems, especially knowing we were stayin 7 days. He immediately fixed our problems and upgraded our room and floor to something more quiet and a high floor. His customer service skills were superb and did not just apologize to us because this is his job. He really solved our problems and saved our vacation.
This hotel has a lot of issues. Noise, crowded, elevator problems, outdated, etc. But the location you cannot beat. Centrally located it has so much potential
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hotel
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Waikiki Wave is a contemporary boutique hotel featuring spacious rooms with a hip decor located 1 block to the beach and next to the International Marketplace in the heart of Waikiki. This hotel offers the following FREE amenities: WiFi Internet access in-room & throughout hotel, local & toll-free calls, AquaBLISS pillow top beds, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. Additional amenities include a business center, activities desk, retail shops, convenience store and two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Wave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.