We stayed here for 7 days, understanding this was reviewed as a 3 star hotel. The first 2 nights were NOT GOOD. The first room I noticed in the first 5 minutes there was roach problems which freaked me out. They seem small so probably just hatched some baby uglies.We immediately left and requested another room which they provided to us same floor on 3rd fl. When we complained about the problem, the person at the front desk said they can move us to a better higher floor room for a additional charge of $25 per day. I thought that was ridiculous when we just saw roaches. The excuse was this is Hawaii Im sorry but we have roaches. Um...I dont think so. Im from NYC and there are roaches in everywhere too. Its up to the buiding to properly terminate critters and prevent them so this is no excuse. I have also traveled to much poorer hotter climates and have never seen this type or problem.
Another problem was there was no cold water. The shower was skin burning. When we complained they said it would be fixed by the time wen we come back. That evening it was not fixed. After 2 days of noise, terrible elevator issues, burning/drying skin from the hot water, and the fear of critters, I had enough. This time I spoke to Issaac who was very understanding of our problems, especially knowing we were stayin 7 days. He immediately fixed our problems and upgraded our room and floor to something more quiet and a high floor. His customer service skills were superb and did not just apologize to us because this is his job. He really solved our problems and saved our vacation.
This hotel has a lot of issues. Noise, crowded, elevator problems, outdated, etc. But the location you cannot beat. Centrally located it has so much potential
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Waikiki Wave located 1 block to Waikiki beach is a contemporary boutique hotel featuring spacious rooms with a hip decor. The beachy-urban vibe and stellar location will make you feel like you're living the dream. With affordable accommodations, staying at Aqua Waikiki Wave is the way to experience life in Hawaii. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Waikiki Wave allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towels and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll have access to the business center, activities desk, retail shops, convenience store and two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and getaroom.com so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Wave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hawaii/Honolulu