Pros: Two blocks from Waikiki Beach and easy access to great shopping and restaurants...anything from the outdoor market to Macy's and high end retailers. Super variety of restaurants all around. Luggage storage after checkout. Very fast check in/check out. Friendly staff. Clean room, updated furnishing and linens, microwave, minifridge, coffee maker, blow dryer, free wifi access. Comfortable bed. We were on a higher floor and enjoyed coffee on the balcony with an obstructed but still nice view of the beach and immediate area. Fantastic price as compared with other hotels in the area. Good sized room, larger than average. Good pre-cruise option.
Cons: Tub/shower surround looked dingy, low water pressure in shower, and slow drains in sink and tub. Low lighting in bathroom. Slow wifi speed, not worth trying. Beware of scammers who call rooms and try to get credit card information from guests. They have information warning guests about this next to the room's telephone. Also, elevators are a little slow. Be sure to look for the elevator in small alcove to the left of the main bank. You can push buttons for both sets and stand in the doorway of the alcove to watch which one will open first.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Waikiki Wave located 1 block to Waikiki beach is a contemporary boutique hotel featuring spacious rooms with a hip decor. The beachy-urban vibe and stellar location will make you feel like you're living the dream. With affordable accommodations, staying at Aqua Waikiki Wave is the way to experience life in Hawaii. With our hospitality fee, Aqua Waikiki Wave allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include WiFi Internet throughout the hotel and in guest rooms, DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Beach Towels and Chair rentals, Waikiki Shuttle Service, Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll have access to the business center, activities desk, retail shops, convenience store and two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, EasyToBook and Odigeo so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Wave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hawaii/Honolulu