in the middle of the waikiki.
on kuhio ave so the price is more reasonable compared to hotels off kalakaua ave.
if u r looking for luxury, this hotel is not for u.
good 2.5-3 star hotel.
room and bathroom is clean.
reliable hot shower (though it's hawaii. when do u really need a hot shower??).
room door and fire exit stair doors @ both ends of the hallway slams hard if not closed carefully. light sleepers may have a problem with this.
free wifi throughout entire property.
no free breakfast.
walking distance to many restaurants and shops.
1st floor of hotel has a chinese restaurant and a western style bar/restaurants that serves typical american foods with reasonable price. not sure if u get a discount for being the hotel guest (i didn't ask).
hotel has parking for guests with nominal fee of $6/night (cheap compared to many other parking facilities in the area. Courtyard Marriott Waikiki charges $32/night). there is also an adjacent parking structure for over flow in case hotel's parking runs out of space (which they do on a nightly basis). the down side to the over flow parking is they closed between 12:30 AM to 06:00 or 06:30 AM.
u can borrow beach towels from hotel. need to sign for them. make sure hotel staff marks down u returned the towels. otherwise they do charge u.
have a gym on 2nd floor but i didn't use it.
rm is good size. stayed in a rm with 2 queen size bed.
elevator being renovated during my visit. not completed yet.
they also did some re-painting of hallways/rm doors while we were there. they did it during day time.
staff always have a nice smile on their face. friendly people.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hotel
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Waikiki Wave is a contemporary boutique hotel featuring spacious rooms with a hip decor located 1 block to the beach and next to the International Marketplace in the heart of Waikiki. This hotel offers the following FREE amenities: WiFi Internet access in-room & throughout hotel, local & toll-free calls, AquaBLISS pillow top beds, refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. Additional amenities include a business center, activities desk, retail shops, convenience store and two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, EasyToBook, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com, Olotels, Venere, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Wave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.