in the middle of the waikiki.
on kuhio ave so the price is more reasonable compared to hotels off kalakaua ave.
if u r looking for luxury, this hotel is not for u.
good 2.5-3 star hotel.
room and bathroom is clean.
reliable hot shower (though it's hawaii. when do u really need a hot shower??).
room door and fire exit stair doors @ both ends of the hallway slams hard if not closed carefully. light sleepers may have a problem with this.
free wifi throughout entire property.
no free breakfast.
walking distance to many restaurants and shops.
1st floor of hotel has a chinese restaurant and a western style bar/restaurants that serves typical american foods with reasonable price. not sure if u get a discount for being the hotel guest (i didn't ask).
hotel has parking for guests with nominal fee of $6/night (cheap compared to many other parking facilities in the area. Courtyard Marriott Waikiki charges $32/night). there is also an adjacent parking structure for over flow in case hotel's parking runs out of space (which they do on a nightly basis). the down side to the over flow parking is they closed between 12:30 AM to 06:00 or 06:30 AM.
u can borrow beach towels from hotel. need to sign for them. make sure hotel staff marks down u returned the towels. otherwise they do charge u.
have a gym on 2nd floor but i didn't use it.
rm is good size. stayed in a rm with 2 queen size bed.
elevator being renovated during my visit. not completed yet.
they also did some re-painting of hallways/rm doors while we were there. they did it during day time.
staff always have a nice smile on their face. friendly people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Waikiki Wave is a contemporary boutique hotel featuring spacious rooms with a hip decor located 1 block to the beach. The beachy-urban vibe and stellar location will make you feel like you're living the dream. With affordable accommodations, staying at Aqua Waikiki Wave is the way to experience life in Hawaii. With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning August 1, 2014, Aqua Waikiki Wave allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll have access to the business center, activities desk, retail shops, convenience store and two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Wave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hawaii/Honolulu