I stayed at the Aqua Waikiki Wave hotel in early November 2012 for 10 nights. I can agree with most other reviewer's that the best feature of this hotel is its' location in the center of Waikiki near the International Market Place, beach, restaurants and shops. I arrived at HNL and took a Robert's Hawaii shuttle for $20 round trip. I made the reservation and paid for the trip online and they were in the airport baggage claim area when I arrived and picked me up at the hotel on time when I departed.
The room included a small very poor quality flat screen TV, DVD player, coffeemaker, refrigerator, microwave, some toiletries (shampoo, conditioner and lotion), hairdryer and a safe in the closet. There is a workout room, some parking under the hotel and central air conditioning. There is no pool if that's important. The bed was comfortable with good linen but in my opinion the pillows were very mushy.
I enjoyed my stay at this hotel because of the location and the friendly and helpful employees. What I didn't like was the street noise that I was easily able to hear from my 12th floor room especially on the weekends from the nightclub just across Kuhio Avenue. There was no room-to-room noise just street noise thru the sliding glass door leading to the lanai. This is the only hotel I've ever stayed at where they supply earplugs nightly for all guests. I read reviews from others about this hotel before I made my reservation and I'd agree that the Aqua Waikiki Wave does have the slowest elevators of any hotel I've ever stayed at. Currently they are in the process of modernizing them so in the future this hopefully won't be a problem.
There was a good Chinese restaurant in the lobby, a do-it-yourself laundry and a great bakery in the same block in addition to restaurants, nightclubs and stores nearby. Being on Kuhio Avenue there are numerous TheBus (yes, one word) routes available to easily take you to Diamond Head, Sea Life Park, the Ala Moana shopping center, Arizona Memorial, downtown Honolulu and Hanauma Bay for only $2.50 or a 4 day unlimited ride pass is available from any Waikiki ABC store for $25.
The room, especially the bathroom, was slightly dated. I had an upper floor room (above the 8th floor facing west look over the office building and not into the parking structure) that was still very noisy. I enjoyed my stay and would recommend this hotel as a safe choice if looking for an affordable place in central Waikiki.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Waikiki Wave is a contemporary boutique hotel featuring spacious rooms with a hip decor located 1 block to the beach. The beachy-urban vibe and stellar location will make you feel like you're living the dream. With affordable accommodations, staying at Aqua Waikiki Wave is the way to experience life in Hawaii. With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning August 1, 2014, Aqua Waikiki Wave allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll have access to the business center, activities desk, retail shops, convenience store and two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, Priceline, BookIt.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Wave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hawaii/Honolulu