My two sisters, a brother and I stayed in the Aqua Waikiki Wave for 3 nights in Sept. We wanted an affordable room that met our "hotel standards" and was convenient to activities in Honolulu and that's exactly what we got. We stayed in a three queen bedroom which was perfect for our situation, my brother had the queen that was essentially a separate room with tv that could be closed off from the rest of the large area with 2 more queens with its own tv. There is also a small refrigerator, coffee pot and microwave in the room. The room had 2 lanais, one which overlooked the International Marketplace (which we shopped at a lot!) and from which we could also get a glimpse of Diamond Head and also Waikiki beach. The staff was very helpful from answering tourist kind of questions to delivering extra towels in what seemed like a matter of seconds. Isaac and Florida are two employees that really are exceptional.
There is an abc next door for souvenirs, some groceries and liquor. Also next door is a wonderful bakery that became our morning stop for doughnuts and coffee to go. Udon Noodles across the street is a great place for an inexpensive Japanese lunch or dinner.
The trash truck comes by very early in the morning and does tend to wake you up on certain days - even on the 14th floor. To me that is a minor inconvenience and I would definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Waikiki Wave is a contemporary boutique hotel featuring spacious rooms with a hip decor located 1 block to the beach. The beachy-urban vibe and stellar location will make you feel like you're living the dream. With affordable accommodations, staying at Aqua Waikiki Wave is the way to experience life in Hawaii. With our hospitality fee for all stays beginning August 1, 2014, Aqua Waikiki Wave allows guests to enjoy many hotel services and activities without having to incur miscellaneous charges. These amenities include DVDNow (Unlimited movies & PS3 games), Waikiki Shuttle (Complimentary Waikiki Shuttle Service), Daily Newspaper, In Room Coffee, In Room Safe, Local & Toll-Free Calls, Water in Lobby, and a Weekly Manager's Reception. In addition, you'll have access to the business center, activities desk, retail shops, convenience store and two restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Aqua Waikiki Wave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Honolulu
- Aqua Waikiki Wave Hawaii/Honolulu