This is an excellent little boutique hotel - only 80 rooms. For the relatively low price you get free internet (wi-fi and computers in lobby) a very nice free breakfast and free hot and cold drinks in the lobby all day. Free newspaper was handy as well.
When I booked I was a little concerned about the lack of a restaurant or room service but this is definitely not a problem as there are so many affordable and tasty dining options within a five-minute walk.
Clayton at the tour desk was very helpful in booking tours and did not try to push us into buying anything other then what we wanted- I have heard that at some of the other chain hotels they try to sign you up for everything!
We stayed in an executive suite as we were staying for 10 nights and wanted something with a bit more room. The room was fantastic for the same price or a bit cheaper then a tiny room in one of the bigger beachfront hotels (Outrigger, Hilton etc.) we got a large room with king bed, lounge area, kitchenette, two bathrooms, two balconies, plenty of space and a nice view of the canal and mountains. The room was clean and we liked the trendy green decor. The flat screen TV was also excellent.
The location is good as long as you can handle a 10-minute walk to the beach. If you are not going to stay right on the beach this is your best bet as you get a nice view of the mountains and canal rather then buildings like at most of the other hotels off the beach. I did not find the street noise to be much of a problem we were on the 5th floor- only the occasional noisy truck or motorcycle disturbed us. It was also nice and quiet in the lobby and by the pool- no constant stream of people walking through like at the larger beachfront hotels.
I have travelled quite a bit and usually stay at 4-5 star hotels and this was better then most of those. I think you would be hard pressed to find such a good value hotel anywhere else in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coconut Waikiki Hotel is a refreshing blend of high-tech and mod design, our colorful Art Deco hotel offers a peaceful and playful vibe one block from shopping and only three block from Waikiki Beach. The hotel features a delightfully hip lobby and the following complimentary amenities: WiFi access in-room and throughout hotel, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, 40" or 42" LCD TV's, wet bar, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. A small, intimate pool area with wrap around deck and fitness center are available to all guests. Free continental breakfast is available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Honolulu
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki
- Aqua Coconut Plaza
- Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu