As a young couple on a budget, finding a hotel that was affordable with reliable, friendly service, a homey feel and above all, cleanliness was extremely important. We took a chance on Best Western Coconut Waikiki based on Trip Advisor reviews and were very pleased!
The room was cozy - not huge but just the right size for us. We had a 5th floor king with city/mountain view and while both the air conditioner and the traffic on Ala Wai were noisy, the brightness of the room, comfort of the bed, private balcony and kitchenette really made up for it. A friend of ours who stayed at a 4 star hotel at the same time said that she preferred our room to hers as ours was much brighter. The large TV in our room saw us addicted to watching the Olympics in our room each night despite the fact that we had left Vancouver to get away from Olympic madness in the first place!
The complimentary continental breakfast offered many items to choose from so we were never sick of the selections. Waffles, boiled eggs, cereal, toast, muffins, a different daily pastry, oatmeal and fruit with coffee, tea, milk and juice meant that we had plenty of variety during our 10 day stay. The fact that the TV was on in the lobby during breakfast did not bother us if we could get a seat on the patio outside. Not pleased with the disposable styro cups offered for coffee, we brought our mugs down from our room every day.
Front desk staff was helpful and extremely welcoming. We dealt with Crystal the most - she was awesome and we were sad to see she had a day off when we checked out. as we had a late night flight out, the staff on duty were kind enough to store our bags when we checked out so that we could spend our last day touring around without toting all our luggage with us.
The location of the hotel was ideal for us - just about 3 minutes from the main strip, we were able to escape the throngs of tourists whenever we wanted without being too far away from anything. We walked nearly everywhere - even to Diamond Head (though that was quite a long trek) and when we wanted to take the bus, it was only 2 blocks away across from the ABC store. Though we rented a car for a couple of days, we did not use the $22/day valet service - we were lucky enough to find free parking near by all of the times we needed it.
Though the hotel offered a very nice, big bbq to use as well as a pool, we did not end up using them. The business centre with free printing was great as was free wifi in our room (a few minor connection bumps were not a problem). The fitness facility was small, basic, but never busy so it felt like having a private gym and the cardio machines were very high quality.
Overall, we were extremely satisfied with this hotel. We felt that it catered to us as target clientele - travelers on a moderate budget who want the comfort of a clean, modern hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Honolulu
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki
- Aqua Coconut Plaza
- Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coconut Waikiki Hotel is a refreshing blend of high-tech and mod design, our colorful Art Deco hotel offers a peaceful and playful vibe one block from shopping and only three block from Waikiki Beach. The hotel features a delightfully hip lobby and the following complimentary amenities: WiFi access in-room and throughout hotel, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, 40" or 42" LCD TV's, wet bar, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. A small, intimate pool area with wrap around deck and fitness center are available to all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Loews Hotels, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Otel, Hotels.com, Agoda, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.