“A great place to stay while you're in a family vacation...” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Book direct, get 20% off
Ranked #16 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Daly City
“A great place to stay while you're in a family vacation...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

People here are warm and friendly hospitable from the moment we got in the hotel lobby until our last day of our stay. We will spread the words to our friends on their future trips to the island. We're surely be back and spend a longer time in our next family vacation.

• Stayed July 2014
Coconut W, Front Office Manager at Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
Aloha Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your stay to the TripAdvisor community. We are delighted to know that you have wonderful stay at the Coconut Waikiki Hotel from the beginning through your last day. Thank you for spreading the words to your family and friends. Will sure take good care of them like the service we rendered to you.

Hope to see you again!

Mahalo,
Assistant Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

The hotel was spacious, clean, and close to all the amenities, and walking distance to Waikiki Beach. The staff are all friendly, and welcoming. The valet parking only was a plus for me since I hate the extra time spent on parking on my own.

Room Tip: Higher rooms have great views.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aloha Rosalinda,

We are very humbled by your kind words. It is with great pride that Coconut Waikiki Hotel live by its values of providing excellent experience to our guests. The hotel is strategically located in an area where our guests can enjoy a short distance to everything. By the way, you are the first person who commended our valet service and I strongly agree with you. We are happy we have met your expectations during your stay.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you again on your next visit.

South San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Coconut Waikiki was the perfect hotel for both my family and I to relax and enjoy all that Waikiki has to offer! Not only was the hotel walking distance from Waikiki beach, shopping, and various restaurants, but the hotel's front desk, concierge, and valet staff members were always very friendly and accommodating! Our room was very clean and comfortable with a gorgeous view. Thank you Coconut Waikiki for an amazing experience! We will be back!

Room Tip: Room 1008 on the 10th floor had a great view and balcony space!
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aloha Katrina Mae,

We are very delighted that we have become a part of your memorable family vacation. It is our aim that we provide excellent service that is straight from our hearts which in turn make every moment precious. We hope that the simple gestures of our front office team made a big difference that you will always treasure and remember.

Thank you for choosing Coconut Waikiki Hotel and for sharing this wonderful experience to the TripAdvisor community. We hope to welcome you back for another So Relaxing and Enjoyable family vacation!

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

From the moment we checked in and up until we checked out, this hotel treated me and my family well. The staff was amazing and very helpful. They answered all our questions, recommended nice places to visit while on the island, and conversed with us in the lobby.. Would love to stay here again next time we visit!!

Stayed July 2014
Aloha Values Guest,

We would like to express our sincerest gratitude for sharing your experience at the Coconut Waikiki Hotel. We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable time staying with us. I can say that our hotel is unique around Waikiki because of its family oriented attributes. Your kind words on our superb staff and services provided are most gratifying and this will certainly motivate them to continue the good work.

It has been a pleasure serving and accommodating you, and we hope to see you again.

Mahalo,
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Arrived on July 13th, 2014 on a hot and muggy night. Room is located on the 10th floor. There is only a little house hold AC unit in the corner of the room located at floor level. Needless to say I had one of the most terrible stays I had in a hotel room. I literally could not breathe and my chest felt like a weight on me. My wife was trying to find another hotel room at 3am as I was suffering. My attempt at calling the front desk was pointless as they sent up someone who didn't even bother to look at the AC unit. The individual just smiled and left. I was like aren't you even going to look at it? Anyways it was definitely late and I decided I was too tired to move to another hotel after a long flight. I ended up on the floor sleeping with my head below the AC unit to finally be able to breathe. The next morning I complained in person to the Front Desk about the state of the room only to be returned with a smile and no offer of compensation of any kind. It was a no brainer to just pack up and leave. I ended up moving to the Marriott Hotel just down the street which was hands down a better hotel in my opinion. Its a cheaper hotel but I learned the hard way-You get what you pay for I suppose. Never to return.

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your time in sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Coconut Waikiki Hotel. It is a regret to know that your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations, and that you were not able to receive the quality service Coconut is known for. You are right, the island of Oahu was muggy and hot around that time. Our front desk is the highlight of the hotel and we are gladly to assist each guest so that they have a comfortable and enjoyable. Your concerns regarding the air conditioner have been taken note of and have been forwarded to the corresponding departments for their attention and necessary action.

We would be honoured to be given the chance to serve you again on your next visit in Hawaii.

Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

We stayed here for 8 days. Very pleasant stay in coconut. All staffs were friendly and always ready to help. Location wise - located quiet area but close enough to waikiki beach and restaurants. Room is always cleaned and big. We stayed in the mountain view room so nice to sit at the balcony and enjoy the view of mountain and the river.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and definitely will come back to stay there again.

Stayed July 2014
Honolulu
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

The staff at Coconut were extremely friendly and helpful. The location was good for price and the room was spacious and extremely clean. The beach is more than 2 blocks away however was great value for money

• Stayed July 2014
Coconut W, Front Office Manager at Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2014
Aloha Kaththegreat,

Thank you for staying with us! Thank you for commending the service of our hotel colleagues. I'm happy that they are able to continuously take care of you and attend to your needs.

I wish to thank you as well for your wonderful feedback. I’ll make to share your reviews to the entire Coconut team!

We look forward to being of service to you again on your next visit.

Assistant Front Office Man

Been to Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!