Just got back from a 10 night stay at this hotel and am glad that I made the right decision and chose this place even though there has been a few negative reviews written about this place. I cannot fault the staff, the hotel, the room or the view in any way, everything about this hotel exceeded my expectations on what a low budget hotel would be. My room 704 was spacious and had the most comfortable bed and pillows I have used in a hotel with a beautiful view overlooking Ala Wai River and mountains, every morning I would make my own breakfast in the little kitchenette in my room and sit out on the balcony enjoying the view and sunshine before starting the day sightseeing. The noise level from the traffic was not as bad as others made out, I am city girl at heart and have lived in the most nosiest areas in the world and this hotel location was rather quieter than I was led to believe, the only noise was mainly from the air conditioner which only cooled the room marginally but I tend to not use the A/C and prefer a cool breeze coming in the window.The hotel was really close to the heart of Waikiki and the beach, I didn't need to hire a car and managed to walk and take the bus everywhere, the bus stop was only a 2 min walk away and in under 15 minutes I was able to walk to Fort Derussy beach and enjoy the sea breeze. When I needed to catch a cab for a friends wedding, the front desk managed to call up a cheap cab company within 5 minutes and when I needed advice to certain attractions, the concierge was super helpful. Overall, this hotel was the perfect little place while I was a long way away from home and I loved how free wifi is offered along with yummy pineapple tea, if I ever head back to Waikiki this will be the hotel of choice as the money saved I was able to enjoy other delights of Hawaii.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coconut Waikiki Hotel is a refreshing blend of high-tech and mod design, our colorful Art Deco hotel offers a peaceful and playful vibe one block from shopping and only three block from Waikiki Beach. The hotel features a delightfully hip lobby and the following complimentary amenities: WiFi access in-room and throughout hotel, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, 40" or 42" LCD TV's, wet bar, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. A small, intimate pool area with wrap around deck and fitness center are available to all guests. Free continental breakfast for all guests will begin September 1, 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Honolulu
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki
- Aqua Coconut Plaza
- Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu