I loved my stay at the Coconut Waikiki... Due to my complete lack of planning, I arrived at the hotel at 8am and hadn't organised an early check in. Regardless, they were able to provide me with a room within minutes and even upgraded me to a mountain view room! All of the receptionists were all so incredibly friendly and helpful. I had an issue with my patio door and they sent up the maintenance man straight away to fix it. The room itself had a fridge and a microwave, both of which were great.
The hotel is a really short walk from the the main street (where all the restaurants etc.) are and Waikiki beach also. And if you fancy getting away from the tourists, the pick up locations for tours are all really close. I ran from the hotel to Diamond Head and back as it was only 5k... It's really nice along the canal.
I also used the laundry facilities - the reception sells laundry products and will give you change for the machines. There is also free tea/juice which is lovely when you're parched after a long day! The airport shuttle can be booked from reception but make sure you leave enough time. I had a 9.30 flight and the receptionist recommended the 7.45 shuttle (they come hourly). I decided to go at 6.45 instead which was a wise move as there was a lot of traffic on the roads.
I would definitely would stay here again... The hotel isn't super modern but it has charm, is in a great location and the staff are all really nice.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coconut Waikiki Hotel is a refreshing blend of high-tech and mod design, our colorful Art Deco hotel offers a peaceful and playful vibe one block from shopping and only three block from Waikiki Beach. The hotel features a delightfully hip lobby and the following complimentary amenities: WiFi access in-room and throughout hotel, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, 40" or 42" LCD TV's, wet bar, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. A small, intimate pool area with wrap around deck and fitness center are available to all guests. Free continental breakfast is available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo, getaroom.com, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda and Hotwire so you can book your Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Honolulu
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki
- Aqua Coconut Plaza
- Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu