My husband and I stayed at the Coconut this past July and were very pleased. Initially we wanted to be on the beach but after a couple days had passed we were glad we made the choice because it was much less chaotic than had we opted for an oceanfront hotel. I think the central location is great but what really sets this hotel apart is the quality of the staff! From the welcoming arrival to our last day the staff were all genuine and actually called is by name and remembered what we had planned for the day and asked us about it later. You don't get that at large hotels! All in all I would certainly recommend this hotel for those wanting a relaxed vacation without feeling "packed" into a large hotel with hundreds of other tourists.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coconut Waikiki Hotel is a refreshing blend of high-tech and mod design, our colorful Art Deco hotel offers a peaceful and playful vibe one block from shopping and only three block from Waikiki Beach. The hotel features a delightfully hip lobby and the following complimentary amenities: WiFi access in-room and throughout hotel, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, 40" or 42" LCD TV's, wet bar, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. A small, intimate pool area with wrap around deck and fitness center are available to all guests. Free continental breakfast for all guests will begin September 1, 2014. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Honolulu
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki
- Aqua Coconut Plaza
- Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu