We just completed our second and third stay at the Coconut Waikiki. The first was under the Best Western (BWP) banner and the other two under JDV.
When we made the reservations for our most recent stays, the hotel was a BWP property and we were a little concerned when we learned the hotel had changed ownership. We weren’t familiar with the JDV brand, but decided to keep our reservations and give them a try. Within minutes of arriving at the hotel, we knew we had made the correct decision as the gentleman at the front desk was pleasant and courteous. After some 26 hours of travel, all we really wanted was to get to our room and he had us checked in, in no time.
I am little surprised at an earlier review that suggested the hotel was in a somewhat shady area. We walked the streets many times after dark and never once felt threatened. Is this the quietest property you’ll ever stay at?, probably not, but if you choose to take a mountain view room, the view off the balcony at dusk and dawn is spectacular.
For the thirteen nights in total that we stayed at the Coconut Waikiki, the entire staff from the front desk to the unsung heroes (housekeeping) of the hotel industry, were absolutely perfect. I usually resist in naming specific individuals less it detracts from the total team effort, but I would like to thank Daniel, Lheo, Pete and Mike for their roles in our wonderful vacation in Hawaii.
We plan on returning to Hawaii in 2015 and just for fun we checked out some other hotels in Waikiki. While all of the properties were very nice, their lobbies reminded me of an assembly line that lacked the personal touch that the Coconut Waikiki offers.
Bottom line, we have already decided where we’ll be staying on our next visit.
To the entire staff at the Coconut Waikiki, Maholo!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coconut Waikiki Hotel is a refreshing blend of high-tech and mod design, our colorful Art Deco hotel offers a peaceful and playful vibe one block from shopping and only three block from Waikiki Beach. The hotel features a delightfully hip lobby and the following complimentary amenities: WiFi access in-room and throughout hotel, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, 40" or 42" LCD TV's, wet bar, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. A small, intimate pool area with wrap around deck and fitness center are available to all guests. Free continental breakfast is available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Honolulu
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki
- Aqua Coconut Plaza
- Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu