We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights of April 2013, in a city view room with two double beds. The room was small, with a very bathroom, but was decorated nicely. The bathroom was nothing fancy, but was clean and functional. The room is equipped with a key card that must be kept in to keep any AC on when you leave, which was okay for us but not possible with one key obviously. The beds were comfortable but not luxurious. Again, functional. The products in the bathroom were actually great. I'm not sure what brand they were. The location was great! It was within a block of bus stops and about a 5-10 minute walk to Waikiki Beach. In terms of beach location, this is one of the farther hotels, but it is a bonus to avoid the hostel crowds and the other busier locations. The breakfast consisted of boiled eggs and underripe fruit, with a few pastries. Don't count on it for multiple mornings. The coffee was, however, fantastic. Much better than any other coffee we had the entire trip! The free wifi was spotty, but at many other hotels I have had to pay $25+ for wifi, so it was a bonus. Free computers and printers downstairs in the lobby. Good service. Free towels to bring to the beach. We offer no downsides to this hotel with the exception of the food at the continental breakfast, and the fact that the pool was in the shade all morning. I reccommend it based on value alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coconut Waikiki Hotel is a refreshing blend of high-tech and mod design, our colorful Art Deco hotel offers a peaceful and playful vibe one block from shopping and only three block from Waikiki Beach. The hotel features a delightfully hip lobby and the following complimentary amenities: WiFi access in-room and throughout hotel, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, 40" or 42" LCD TV's, wet bar, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. A small, intimate pool area with wrap around deck and fitness center are available to all guests. Free continental breakfast is available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Honolulu
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki
- Aqua Coconut Plaza
- Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu