Being our first trip to Honolulu, we were quite worried about finding the right place, after some research on TripAdvisor (no kidding) we booked the Coconut Waikiki. We got a lovely mountain view room and it was ideal. Small, functional and just right considering we would be spending more time outside than in. The TV & Radio kept us company when we were inside, and there were other goodies like a microwave and a little fridge- which turned out to be a blessing because we did end up bringing back a lot of food and eating it later. :) A little pantry with some dishes allowed us to bring in some takeaway and enjoy a relaxed evening inside the room as well. I was quite surprised that each room had a window Aircon. It took some getting used to (in terms of controls) but by the 2nd night I was the airconMaster! Incase one wishes to enjoy the amazing Hawaii Breeze, one can just keep the balcony windows open and you realize that you don't need an aircon.
The staff there were simply AWESOME! Courteous and very helpful!
My only grouse would be the relatively expensive parking, but the ease of the valet and the peace of mind that the car is safe compensated for that price.
Coconut waikiki is located a short walk from most of the restaurants around waikiki- and a walk from the Waikiki beach. While in a car the GPS does take you on a slightly longer route, once you get a hang of the layout, you will just ignore the GPS.
We found the coconut waikiki to be an ideal place to make a holiday in hawaii very memorable.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Honolulu
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki
- Aqua Coconut Plaza
- Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coconut Waikiki Hotel is a refreshing blend of high-tech and mod design, our colorful Art Deco hotel offers a peaceful and playful vibe one block from shopping and only three block from Waikiki Beach. The hotel features a delightfully hip lobby and the following complimentary amenities: WiFi access in-room and throughout hotel, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, 40" or 42" LCD TV's, wet bar, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. A small, intimate pool area with wrap around deck and fitness center are available to all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Tingo, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, HotelsClick and Venere so you can book your Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.