We had a two-night stay at this hotel, coming from Kauai prior to travelling to Asia, and were pleasantly pleased with the property and the hotel ammentites. Our upgraded room was spacious with a frig, microwave, sink, and some dishes and cutlery which enabled us on our last night to enjoy ordered in pizza. The decor was shades of white and lime green which remarkably worked and was repeated in other areas of the hotel. A small balcony opened onto a side alley, but would accommodate smokers (we are non-smokers). There was a huge closet area and a large flat-screen T.V. Wi-Fi was included and a desk with lamp provided to accommodate a laptop. A small area on the main floor is set aside for the complimentary breakfast, more of a continental nature, but with a toaster, yogurt, fresh breads and buns, and small packaged travel cereals. We really appreciated the large glass containers of fresh juices and water that were on offer all day and night. Although it rained for most of our stay, the location was only 5 minutes from the shopping and dining areas - Kuhio & Kalakua, and about 10 minutes from Waikiki Beach. It is a great location for walkers, like ourselves as one can follow the canal around to the Ala Wai Yacht Harbor and the Hilton Lagoon. Perhaps it would be a little far to the beach for a family hugging beach equipment. Our airport transfer and tour company were both familiar with this hotel. It was an unanticipated delight, with good value after a trip mainly focused on the other islands.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coconut Waikiki Hotel is a refreshing blend of high-tech and mod design, our colorful Art Deco hotel offers a peaceful and playful vibe one block from shopping and only three block from Waikiki Beach. The hotel features a delightfully hip lobby and the following complimentary amenities: WiFi access in-room and throughout hotel, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, 40" or 42" LCD TV's, wet bar, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. A small, intimate pool area with wrap around deck and fitness center are available to all guests. Free continental breakfast is available for all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, EasyToBook, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Honolulu
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki
- Aqua Coconut Plaza
- Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu