My wife and I stayed here Feb 18 - 24, 2013 for our honeymoon.
There was a big surfing competition happening in Oahu and it was spring recess for a lot of the kids during the week we were there. The night rates were quite high going on Priceline and luckily I had this reserved as a back-up! Priceline was easily going above 150 for some of the older places.
- The people at front desk were always very friendly and helpful! Always had a smile and helped us with beach towels too!
Breakfast: (5/5 for free continental breakfast)
- They have a small continental breakfast in the morning for the guests
- The fruit was really fresh and had pineapple everyday!
- The staff made an effort to continually stock up the items running low
- There was a spam pastry / bun with egg that was really yummy!
- it's located at the back of the major area along ala wai.
- But it's really close to everything. you can literally walk 10 minutes and you could make it to all the big locations or restaurants
- Unfortunately this hotel charges 25 dollars for valet parking
- There's a commercial building just two blocks over with 24 hour parking for just 15 dollars
- Or you can park on Ala Wai for free (Mon and Fri Mornings there's street cleaning). It's also a random luck of the draw if you find a spot or not. We actually got really lucky and got 5 nights of street parking.
- Part of Joie De Vivre's strategy, take an old hotel and give it a new coat of paint. i can't complain about the new renovation. Everything was clean and tidy
- The only problem we had was the electronic card that you slot inside your room to turn on electricity was also connected to a room light that wasn't wanting to turn off no matter how we pressed it. In the end we had to pull the card out, luckily the weather was cool enough that we didn't need the AC
- Noise @ Night - i read this on other reviews going down for this trip from Trip Advisor. There were several nights that I heard sirens outside from Police etc ... or some people that were a little drunk and shouting. But luckily, we're both pretty good sleepers and it didn't affect us at all. We got a room that faced Ala wai and the morning sun rise was really beautiful! If you're a really light sleeper, you might want to have a room facing away from the streets.
- Room service and the sheets were clean and tidy every day. No complaints!
- Only thing about our room was that they had one window where you rotate multiple panes to close the window. (Not your common windows you have at home) and I think cause they were not the usual sealed windows that they allowed more noise from the street more.
- Wifi is free and worked great!
- Their pool is really small and it was really windy when we were there. So i dont think anyone used it much.
- I've stayed at other Joie De Vivres, such as Joie De Vire Custom Hotel in LA, and Avatar hotel in Santa Clara. This was definitely one of the best ones I've been to.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Honolulu
- Best Western Coconut Waikiki
- Aqua Coconut Plaza
- Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie De Vivre Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Coconut Waikiki Hotel is a refreshing blend of high-tech and mod design, our colorful Art Deco hotel offers a peaceful and playful vibe one block from shopping and only three block from Waikiki Beach. The hotel features a delightfully hip lobby and the following complimentary amenities: WiFi access in-room and throughout hotel, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, 40" or 42" LCD TV's, wet bar, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. A small, intimate pool area with wrap around deck and fitness center are available to all guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.