“Nice, classic place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice, classic place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Stayed 2 nites........hotel is 2 blocks from the main tourist area. Quiet in the evening. Four computers with printers in the lobby for guest use. Small swimming pool and sun deck. Free continental breakfast in lobby. Rooms are very clean and have 42" flatscreen TV (nice). Valet parking (inside) is $24 per nite. A bit pricey. Clothes washer & dryer ($2 ea. to use) in building (came in handy). Some units did not have a balcony (you should request a balcony unit). Front desk staff was helpful.
Would stay here again!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for balcony room on upper floors.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

1,454 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (146)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Katy, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

In all, I agree with most reviewers that this a very nice hotel. It's only a few blocks from all of Waikiki's attractions. Breakfast was good, rooms also, only complaint was road noise as our room was on 2nd floor facing the main road. I would stay here again but on a high floor.

• Stayed October 2012
Modesto, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was our first trip to Hawaii and we chose Best Western Plus Coconut because of the good reviews on tripadvisor. I agonized about what hotel to choose but when we got there, we found that this hotel was great for us. We paid a little extra and got the mountain view and they put us on the top level facing the mountains. We loved sitting on the balcony when we were there and even though the canal is a man-made waterway, it is attractively set and we loved it. My husband is a runner and he enjoyed running on the canal just a few steps away from the hotel.

I will say that the room and bathroom was not what you would call spacious, but it was adequate, clean, and decorated nicely.

One of the very best parts was the refreshing cucumber and lemon water in the lobby. I can taste it now. It was so good after a walk from the beach. They also had lemonade and pineapple iced tea. Every staff member was helpful and cheerful. The hot breakfast was good too.

The location of the hotel was a little walk from the beach, but not bad at all. We are in our 60's so we aren't really young, but the walk was not a problem.

We would stay there again.

Room Tip: We loved our room on the top floor with the mountain view.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Loved this hotel, new modern rooms with bar fridge, good tv, nice bathroom, great staff and location good ten min walk to main strip but quiet at night as far away enough to be away from noise. Good breakfast that was free, lovely concierge and front desk staff very nice helped us get to Uni of Hawaii game! Would stay again. Small gym but good enough.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Absolutely loved this place. My husband and I were staying at expensive hotels and were worried about staying here at first but it was brilliant. It was clean, people were friendly, breakfast was good. The free wifi in the room was excellent and also the free breakfast. I love the location, close to everything but not too close to the noise. Will definitely stay here again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

Our group of 4 stayed here near the end of September. I booked this hotel based on the trip advisor reviews. The front desk staff were very welcoming, friendly, and ready to assist. My husband and I stayed on the 2nd floor, in a small queen sized room. No view, except for a parking lot, but, we didn't go to Hawaii to sit in our room. It ended up being a good choice, as it was quieter than the street side. The one con was our room did not have a mini fridge, despite having a sink and microwave. We were there for a wedding, and the welcome gift from the bride and groom included some items that needed to be refridgerated. What to do? No problem at all, the front desk sent one up immediately for us.
My parents were on the 4th floor, and had a mountain view two doubles. I can't comment on their room, but they did not have any complaints, as far as I recall.
I had read the comments before we left about the noise of the air conditioner. Yes, it did bother me, because it goes on and off all night and it is quite loud when it comes on and woke me up. So, for the next two nights, we just turned on the fan setting, and although it wasn't as cool in the room, it was ok.
The breakfast....how can anyone complain about the breakfast? My family and I all thought it was great. Fresh waffles, sausage, eggs, toast, pastries, fruit (orange and pineapple slices), cereal, oatmeal, yogourt....
The best thing about this hotel was the juice, water, and coffee available in the lobby. Wow, when you get back from a long day (beach, pearl harbor, diamond head etc) and you can get some fresh cold water right away in the lobby....it was great.
The bed was very comfortable, which is awesome for travelers arriving after a 10-12 hour flight with a 6 hour time difference....
Overall, I would definitely stay here again, but I would pick a bigger room on a higher floor. I would definitely recommend this hotel to family and friends for a stay in Waikiki.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Beaverton, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

I found this hotel sort of by mistake several years ago. Since, I have brought my family back every year. My sister is a germ phobe... I rented her and her boyfriend a room. She immediately called me after checking in and said the "room was so cute and she was walking barefoot on the carpet! " The whole property is clean and comfortable. The staff has always been extremely helpful and nice. Looking forward to returning again this year.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice. Location is close to everything.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Coconut Waikiki Hotel, a Joie de Vivre Hotel? Share your experiences!