This place is great! Rather than choose a hotel I thought I might enjoy a better Waikiki Beach experience staying in Waikiki's only Beach Front condo while working in Honolulu for a few days. What a great find! We will return for some vacation time at Waikiki Shore this fall. It is a older-style facility with access to the rooms from an outside walkway/hallway, much like many other hotels in Waikiki. The location is excellent right next to Fort Derussy Beach Park (no high-rise hotels in sight to spoil the view) so western views are uninterrupted and spectacular during the day and at night! The location is good; bordering the Outrigger Reef hotel on the other side and only two (2) doors down from one of Waikiki's great hotels, the Halekulani Hotel. I waked barefoot down the beach to dinner at Duke's, a drink on the lanai at the Moana Surfrider, and breakfast at the Royal Hawaiian (the Pink Palace!) My Waikiki Shore room was a smallish but comfortable Studio with a comfy King size bed, a small but handy kitchen, and a large bathroom with a large walk-in shower. I presume rooms are furnished and decorated by each condo owner. My room was tastefully decorated and had a warm and beautiful wood floor. The rooms have air conditioning but I opened up the large sliding glass doors and glass jalousies to enjoy the fresh ocean air and the cool breeze. Check in was easy and welcoming at the Castle Resorts front desk in the lobby. Apparently Outrigger rents some of the condos at Waikiki Shore as I noticed some lost guests looking for the Outrigger check-in facility (which I never saw.) The Castle staff was friendly and helpful and housekeeping was thorough and nearly invisible. There is even parking available at Waikiki Shore! Why go to a hotel when you can have all the comforts of a Waikiki hotel, a great location right on Waikiki Beach, beautiful views - and you can enjoy breakfast on your balcony?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waikiki Shore is the only beachfront condominium on Waikiki Beach, located amid the famed restaurants and upscale boutiques of Waikiki Beach Walk. Studios, one-, and two-bedroom suites are equipped with kitchens and in-room washers and dryers and have stunning views of the ocean, park, and weekly fireworks. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Expedia, Tingo, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Cheap Tickets, Venere, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Waikiki Shore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Waikiki Shore Hotel Honolulu
- Castle Waikiki Shore
- Waikiki Shore Hawaii/Honolulu