My wife, 2 teenage kids and just spent 5 nights here. Our room was a "renovated" room on the 25th floor. The room was large with a sofa-bed and sliding partition for the bedroom. The King sized bed we had was comfortable. The bathroom was nice and it had a bidet, which we had never seen at any other hotel. Our room also had a full-sized refrigerator, full size stove/oven, pots, frying pan, toaster, utensils, rice cooker, plates, bowls, cups, mugs, etc. It was very well stocked.
The sofa-bed wasn't all that comfortable as the mattress on that was paper thin an you could feel the springs. Aside from that, we were very happy with the room.
There are 4 elevators that service Tower 1, where we were located. There's also a Tower 2, but we did not stay on that side. The elevators on Tower 1 are slow, but worse - hot. They are not air-conditioned and if you were not in a full sweat when you entered the elevator on the 1st floor, you would be drenched by the time you stopped a few times on the way up to your room.
The Banyan has it's own parking garage that charged $15 per 24hrs. It is staffed 24/7, and we did not have any issues with the parking garage, other than some of the spaces were very narrow.
The location of the hotel is just 2 blocks from the main strip along the beach. It is on the side closer to the zoo, but still just a few blocks from the middle of the strip. There's a Burger King and McDonalds nearby for cheap food. It's also about 6-7 blocks away from the International Marketplace.
Overall, we enjoyed our stay here and would stay here again, even with the slow and hot elevators.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located just a block from the beach, this exceptionally kid-friendly property features one-bedroom suites that accommodate up to 5 people at no additional charge. It has the best recreation deck in Waikiki, complete with children's playground open late, so you can enjoy it after a day of sightseeing. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Aston Hotels & Resorts, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Aston at the Waikiki Banyan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston At The Waikiki Banyan Hotel Honolulu
- Resortquest Waikiki Banyan
- Waikiki Banyan Hotel
- Resort Quest Waikiki Banyan
- Aston At The Waikiki Banyan Hawaii/Honolulu