We just returned from spending 7 days at the Aqua Aloha Surf and Spa. This is our second stay at the hotel because we like the location and staff there. This hotel is located on the canal side of Waikiki, which means that it's less noisy and busy than being on the main street. The amenities are nice....breakfast, newspapers and Wi-Fi in the lower lobby. Our room was very basic....a view of the condominium complex next door, but it was fine because we didn't spend much time in the hotel. An air conditioner is a necessity on Waikiki; ours kept tripping the circuit breaker but we were able to get it going by resetting it. My only complaint is the $20 per day to park your rental car. We did not know of this fee and were informed by their staff that "all the hotels charge a fee" to park on their premises. This may be true but $20 seems exorbitant and this fee is not clearly stated on their web site. Unless you want to hunt around for street parking this is the only sensible alternative....expensive though it may be. If you plan to park in their underground garage, keep your vehicle small....it can get tough maneuvering in those tight spaces.
All in all.....this is a very nice hotel in an ideal part of Waikiki. On my next visit, I would consider staying there if I couldn't find a place to park less expensively.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, one of Waikiki’s most popular hotels, is a boutique hotel located 2 blocks to the beach and steps from world class dining and shopping. This hotel, where surf style meets urban sophistication, offers the following FREE amenities: in-room Internet and WiFi Internet access in lobby & poolside, daily local newspaper, local & toll-free calls, AquaBLISS pillow top beds, LCD TV’s, mini-refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and safe. The large, open air lobby connects to a fitness area and Internet cafe as well as a relaxing pool area with cabanas and barbeque grill lit by tiki torches every evening. Continental breakfast is served complimentary daily for bookings made directly through Aqua. Select accommodations offer views of the magical Koolau Mountain range and Ala Wai Golf Course. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Expedia, Tingo, BookIt.com, getaroom.com, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Priceline, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Aqua Aloha Surf Honolulu
- Aloha Surf Hotel
- Aqua Aloha Surf Hotel
- Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu