“Great location.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 82 hotels in Honolulu
Ingersoll, Canada
“Great location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

The location of this hotel was great. We were in walking distance of the beach, shops and restaurants. The staff at the hotel did everything possible to make our stay a great one. Thanks to Helene for working out all our kinks. She is the best. Job well done Helene. Aimee helped us on departure day. The staff at this hotel is amazing. Thanks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
Aloha "Ingersoll456",
Mahalo for staying with us here at the Aloha Surf. I appreciate you mentioning Helene and Aimee in your comments. They really are great. Our people are our greatest asset.
We hope you come back and visit us again soon,
Mahalo

1,175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (184)
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

I'd booked this hotel well in advance purely based on it's location. I had read a few reviews and was a little wary of how my room would be, however, I figured for the reasonable price I could grin and bare it.

To my pleasant surprise the hotel had a lovely big open reception area. The staff weren't overly friendly but were still happy to accommodate me with my queries.

The hotel has two small lifts that housekeeping use also and in our instance the one lift kept constantly breaking down, but that never took long to fix.

The room itself had a Queen bed and view of the road where the entrance was. The bathroom was a lot bigger than expected and overall everything was a lot cleaner than expected.

The tv was in good condition and was fully functioning for days when we were ready to crash.

The room has a cord for your laptop if you need internet in the room, however, if you require wireless then that is available in the lobby for free. Slow, at times, but reliable to book things etc.

Housekeeping come through every day and do a thorough job of cleaning.

The bed and pillows are comfortable and clean.

Concierge can organise activities and are available from certain hours downstairs in the lobby or if you call from your room.

This hotel is in a prime location to the main beach strips of Waikiki. It is within a short walking distance to many different sights and locations. An ABC store which is like a large convenience store with just about anything you need, is down the road on the corner, approx a 2.5 min walk. Handy when you want snacks etc!

Overall, I was very happy with Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki and would stay there again, should I return the the beautiful islands Hawaii.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, December 2, 2013
Aloha "ToddL",
I am glad you found our hotel to be a great value. That is our goal. Provide our guests with a good value for their money in an environment that is relaxing and fun.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have spent in this hotel one night, in queens bedroom, the room was small but well equipped and what's the most important very clean! In price was included breakfast! We could borrow beach towels and beach chairs:-) the only disadvantaged were thin walls:-/

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha "TheGosia",
Mahalo for staying with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
We hope you return to visit us again soon.
Mahalo and Aloha
Wasilla, Alaska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

If you are looking for a five star resort, keep looking. If great customer service, clean rooms and well kept is your priority for a very good value this is the place. A short walk to Waikiki Beach, restaurants and next to a grocery store. Everyone from the front desk to the house keeping staff are friendly and helpful. This hotel is one of the best kept secrets in Hawaii. I spent 5 nights and will return.

Room Tip: I had a corner room with a filtered view of the ocean, canal and golf course.
Aloha "AK1ogre",
Mahalo for staying with us at the Aqua Aloha Surf for 5 nights. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor. we look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Mahalo
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I have stayed at the Aloha Surf twice now and can highly recommend this hotel. The location is just a very short walk to the beach. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The beds are very comfortable and the quality of the sheets are good. The rooms are clean and tidy. Internet available in rooms via cable. This hotel is very affordable and i'm happy to recommend it! i'll be going back there for my next holiday for sure.

Aloha "Viven18",
Mahalo for coming back to stay with us again here at the Aqua Aloha Surf. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us again.
Please come back again soon.
Oakland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I was there 5 nights and had a very pleasurable experience. The staff was wonderful and the
room was clean and I would recommend the hotel anytime. The hotel is centrally located and within walking distance of the beach and many restaurants. Thank you.

Room Tip: I was on the second floor near the elevator which was a nice location.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Aloha "688Charles",
Mahalo for staying with us here at the Aqua Aloha Surf. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Mahalo and Aloha
Vancouver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Recently just stayed at the Aqua Aloha and will definitely be back the next time I'm in Honolulu! My boyfriend and I felt the room was very comfortable, the AC system is awesome room gets extremely COLD which is great when its SOO SOO HOTT outside during the day. Our flight on the day of departure left late in the evening and the Aqua Aloha staff were very accommodating especially Douglas at the front desk who offered us a half day rate so we could keep the room till our shuttle picked us up. The fee involved was very reasonable. Thank you Douglas for making the last day of our trip smooth and stress free. You were very pleasant to deal with and we can not wait to come back and stay at the Aqua Aloha again. MAHOLO!!!! xoxo

Room Tip: Deluxe Room
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Aloha "YOLO-Youonlylive...",
Happy Anniversary!
I am glad we were able to contribute to a great experience for you. Thank you for staying with us here at the Aqua Aloha Surf. Mahalo for mentioning Douglas in your comments. He takes great care of our guests. We hope you will come and stay with us again soon.
Tim Clark

Been to Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki? Share your experiences!