“good location good place” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Now and Save 15%!
Ranked #52 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
San Francisco, California
“good location good place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

right in WaiKiKi super location, staff was very friendly! water dispenser and coffee/tea in lobby. There was some kind of continental type breakfast but i did not cheque into it? The room was comfortable,nice size with a couch and microwave,fridge and sink also coffee pot. Bathroom was fine the room as been updated however I would suggest to update the showerhead! Clean no problems with air con. The only down fall was WIFI not in room only in lobby.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Aloha "Travelapple",
Mahalo for staying with us here at the Aqua Aloha Surf. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. We are working on getting free Wifi in our guests rooms. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Tim Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Korean first
Crescent City, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We love it here. we have tried many places and this is the best.The location is great !!!! We especially love being next to Food market as we can make economical purchases there. Quiet location near the canal. Yes it is warm in the room but that is because the hotel is ENERGY CONSCIOUS and turns off the a.c. when you're not in the room -very smart idea!!! No reason to whine about the heat. It cools off before you know it. We didn't do the breakfast deal- we did our own thing. anyway we will definately stay here again. Friendly staff too!!

• Stayed October 2013
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Aloha "laladeanlee",
Mahalo for coming to stay with us at the Aqua Aloha Surf. Thank you for mentioning our energy saving system in our rooms. we have been awarded the Governors Green Business Award for the initiatives we have taken to save energy here at the property. We are a leader in Aqua when it comes to being Green. Aqua is committed to preserving our environment and being a good environmentally minded business.
Sao Paulo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

I stayed at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki from Sept. 4th to Sept. 10th with my wife and 3 year old daughter. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The room was clean (with microwaves and fridge) and had a nice balcony. There is a USD 20.00 per day to park the car (I was informed about this as soon as I arrived, so no problems with it at all). I didn´t use the swimming pool and the fitness center, but they seemed to be ok. If your package does not include breakfast, the price is of USD 6,00 per person, but there are a lot of restaurant and marketplaces in the neighborhood. Also, the towels to take to the beach were clean. Finally, this hotel is very well located and I do recommend Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki whether you travel alone or with your family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Aloha "Carlos_Moraes",
Mahalo for staying with us here at the Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I just got back from staying at Aqua Aloha Sure Waikiki.
I was very impressed the instant I arrived, at night.
Everyone was friendly and helpful, and I loved the way things were decorated in the lobby.
My room looked exactly like the one in the photo, no disappointments.
Very clean towels, and bathroom.
I dont know what type of mattress they have there, but I want one!
The breakfast included with the room was delicious, the people serving were friendly.
(that means a lot to me)

The view from my balcony was stunning when the sun came up every morning.

I was on the 10th floor, and could see the canal, and downtown.
My walk to the beach was 3 or 4 blocks, with plenty of stores and places to check out
that I may have not seen otherwise.

My swim shorts blew off the balcony, and landed 9 floors down, over the entrance gateway, and they were nice enough to get them for me, after I told them I did not need them back!

The best thing was the price!.. I used the AAA discount and was very pleased with what it cost!

Room Tip: I got a corner with balcony high up, the view is amazing! See photo of one of the views from my roo...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Aloha "Berlin523",
Thank you so much for staying with us here at the Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. Our goal is to provide our guests with a good value in an atmosphere that is relaxing and fun. I am glad we were able to achieve that goal for you. The mattresses we have are Aqua Bliss. from Simmons. Also known as Simmons Felicity Two Eurotop mattress. They are great. I have one at home.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Mahalo and Aloha
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel this year from July 26th-Aug 4th, I did my research beforehand and knew what we could possibly be in for because of the open lobby etc. As long as you keep your food/drinks covered etc they aren't a problem. There were several things that I did not like in the room we stayed in. First our sink became clogged after calling maintenence it was never fixed, there is no actual bathroom door, there is just a pocket door that slides and doesn't lock (not a problem for us as this was a romantic/couple trip) but it might be a little awkward for others who are traveling as friends etc. I also would recommend keeping atleast some of the blinds shut if you are staying on the front side of the hotel as it faces the Sand Villa directly across, we had the misfortune of waking up to see a couple having sex directly across from our room with their blinds wide open......And if we could see them they could see us... (LOL) The pool is very small and there is no hottub which was a big disappointment, as this a boutique hotel they are limited on space but it still was a disappointment. Lastly the daily breakfast buffet that was included in our room was less than desirable, We stayed there for 9 days and we ate the buffet 7/9 days. The only thing that changed on the menu was muffins going to a breakfast type cake and vice versa. After staying here I never wanted to see a pancake again. The daily breakfast menu consists of pancakes, boiled eggs, muffins, donuts or breakfast type cake, (depending on what day it was) white rice, sliced pieces of ham (very salty btw so beware) oatmeal, dry cereal, powdered milk, toast, water and what I thought was orange juice but tastes more like really bad tang. After all has been said I would recommend this hotel and if you aren't partial to the possibility of eating the same breakfast everyday go for it! I would stay here again but I would not partake in the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Aloha "KerisaM",
Thank you for staying with us here at the Aqua Aloha Surf.
I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience here on tripadvisor. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel. I appreciate your feedback about our continental breakfast. It is a continental breakfast so it is not meant as a full breakfast buffet. We have added items to the continental breakfast to make it a little "more". Like boiled eggs, Ham, fresh pancakes, etc.
I hope we will be able to welcome you back again soon.
Schifflange, Luxembourg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have upgraded my room Bud the reserved room was to smal for two peoples Cleaning service Not the best reception Fine and Great
The Swimmingpool Pool is Berry smal Bud is ok

The Westjerusalem was Great an all the People ON the Island are Berry Nixe

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Aloha "Philip",
Thank you for sharing your experience here on tripadvisor.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

We stayed here 2 nights and it was the best service and breakfast we had. Helene at the front desk even helped with directions. Other hotels we stayed in were fancier, cost more and gave less value. It was a short walk to the beach but was right beside the canal. If you are looking for value for your $, this is the one.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Aloha "AngelOnMyShoulder",
Thank you for staying with us here at the Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki. I am glad you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for mentioning Helene at the front desk. She is fantastic.
We hope you return to visit us again soon
Mahalo
Tim Clark

Been to Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki? Share your experiences!