“Ideal price & location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #53 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Ideal price & location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Was referred to Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki by a friend when I put the call out for recommendations in Waikiki that wouldnt break the bank but still offered the luxuries I look for - comfy bed, not a shoe box a clean bathroom and a central location.
Overall very happy with my stay there in November 2012 - 5 minute walk to Waikiki beach or the rear entrance of the internatonal markets. Staff very friendly and housekeeping kept the room spic & span and didnt mind when I asked for additional coffee as opposed to the one satchet (decaf doesnt count) that they left a day.
Wifi in the lobby was an epic failure as I could not connect at all, but then again I didn't go to Waikiki to sit on line day and night. Breakfast was included in my stay but it didnt look that appealing - making me glad that I tend to start the day with just coffee.
The complimentary beach towels and beach chairs are a nice touch - that way you dont have to weigh your luggage down with extras.
Slight hick up when the bathroom door came off the railings but housekeeping responded almost immediately.
Plan on staying there next time!

Room Tip: Go fo a junior suite - king size bed with a double sofa bed - 16th floor gives you some nice views
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Aloha "Georgii_T73",
Mahalo for staying with us during your recent visit to Waikiki. And Mahalo Nui Loa to your friend for recommending us to you! We get a lot of guests who find us because of our guests recommending us. We really appreciate that. I think that is the best endorsement.
I am glad you enjoyed your time with us and I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Remember to tell your friends!
Mahalo
Tim Clark

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
Airdrie, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

Stayed here for one night. Booked the speedishuttle from the airport, great service.
Staff were very friendly and helpful and allowed an earlier check in. Short walk to the beach and local shops etc.
Rooms were well furnished and decorated, very clean. Toiletries provided. Small balcony too. Wifi available in lobby and wired internet in bedrooms. Breakfast provided consisted of fruit, boiled eggs, toast and jams etc, wasn't bad but wasn't great - quite cramped and average quality.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Aloha "darren777",
Mahalo for staying with us here at the Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki. I wish you could have stayed for more than just one night.
Perhaps you will return to stay with us again soon, and for a longer period of time.

Best wishes
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel twice now - just a little (very little) off the beaten path this is a nice hotel that is decent priced for those watching their money in Waikiki.5 minute walk to Waikiki beach, and a 3-4 minute walk to the back of the International Marketplace. Waikikis only grocery store just around the corner. We like this because its clean and comfortable, decent location and instead of paying big money to stay at the big name hotels/resorts we can spend our money on seeing things in Hawaii. City bus stop is just around the corner as well.

Room Tip: corner rooms are generally larger
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Aloha "Fordpipefitter",
Mahalo for staying with us here at the Aqua Aloha Surf.
I am glad you enjoyed your experience with us.
We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Mahalo
Maui, HI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Start with the good. Staff was super friendly, beds were clean and comfortable. For the price a nice stay. The not so good. Run down, dirty carpets. Breakfast was overcrowded and pretty nasty. The plates seemed dirty. I picked up one with grease and a piece of ham stuck to the bottom. I'd stay again because it is cheap and the beds are comfortable...definitely skip breakfast!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Aloha "Ksmui",
Mahalo for staying with us here at the Aloha Surf. I apologize for the issues with breakfast. The condition of the property is something we are actively working on. We are going to renovate our guest rooms this year. We are currently working on the model room. We hope to create a fresh new room for our guests.
We can't wait to share them with you.
Staten Island, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

My vacation started off bad in hawilli due to what was supposed to be friendly and inviting but when I ran into a little problem with the Cando being dirty and very unfriendly to me and my spouse due to us being gay and very proud..after that I walked up the block and found the aqua resort in wikii my trip then had an amazing turn around the staff members had excellent customer service team players all the way on Thursdays nite everyone gets together down stairs to meet the employees and have some cocktails my stay was amazing at the aqua resort..anytime I travel and there's an aqua resort that's where me and my family will be staying..I also would like to say thank you very much to an employee there Dougie you where one of the most friendly people with excellent excellent customer service skills. Heads up to your manager

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Aloha "Plis L",
Mahalo for staying with us here at the Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki. I am sorry your initial experience here in Waikiki was a negative one. I am very glad that you found us. Thank you very much for mentioning our Guest Service Supervisor, Doug. He is great. We have a fabulous team of dedicated professionals who love welcoming guests to "Our House".
We hope to welcome you and your family back again soon.
New Westminster, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We arrived late and our room was available. The room was kept very clean throughout the whole stay. The water was always hot for showers. Everyone was friendly. The hotel was the perfect location for us. We ran or walked along the channel and was only a few blocks from the beach.
It is excellent value for your moneyl Yes it is an older hotel, but that is what we expected.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Aloha "Deedub_5",
i am always glad to hear from a "Happy Customer".
Mahalo for staying with us here at the Aqua Aloha Surf.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Palm Springs, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

We heard about this hotel through internet searches. Due to the low cost of the hotel compared to the other hotels located in the area, we didn't have high expectations. We selected it due to its low cost and the fact that we really don't spend much time in the room anyway.

Let me just say that we were very pleasantly surprised. The hotel is very nice and the staff are absolutely wonderful. The location is really perfect being centrally located in Waikiki providing a short walk to nearly everything. There are many other little perks that other hotels including the luxury hotels don't provide. We were surprised that the hotel provided complimentary beach chairs where nearly all the other hotels would charge a hefty fee for theirs. This really adds up and is just one of the many nice little details that really adds to the overall experience.

I would absolutely stay at this property again without hesitation or question. On a final note, the staff really top off the experience being incredibly accommodating, friendly and making you feel at home.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor where you will get some nice views.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
AlohaSurfHotelMgr, General Manager at Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Aloha "Justin W",
Mahalo for staying with us here at the Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki.
I am glad you enjoyed your experience and got to use our beach towels and chairs. They are a great little free amenity for our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back again soon
Tim Clark

Been to Aqua Aloha Surf Waikiki? Share your experiences!