While looking for a reasonably priced hotel accommodation in Honolulu, I found Polynesian Plaza in the web but while the reviews were all positive, initially I had some reservations because not all web reviews are reliable based on personal experience. I once booked and stayed in a hotel somewhere after reading glowing reviews and nice hotel pictures in the web but it turned out to be a dump. From then on, I decided that web reviews are hit and miss.
Polynesian Plaza rooms are fully furnished, very comfortable and strategically located right on Kalakaua Ave. The Saratoga and Kuhio Ave. bus stops are just a short walk away. The US Post office is also nearby and so are ABC Stores aand 7-11. Designer shops (Coach, Chanel, YSL, Tod's, etc.) are just across the street from Polynesian Plaza.
As Polynesian Plaza is a vacation rental and not a hotel, the admin office was closed on the day I arrived, a Saturday. But Tina sent me explicit instructions by email on how I could get my key and which key opens the main door and the elevator and suggested an airport shuttle which cost me only $12. When I got to my room, I was pleasantly surprised to find a carpeted, spacious and squeaky clean room with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept on. Our room which was at the back has a balcony overlooking the swimming pool had a flat screen TV, window-type aircon unit, refrigerator, round table with two chairs, coffee table with a chair, a kitchenette (with microwave oven, hot plate, coffee maker, dish drainer and rack, plates, cups, knives and flatware and kitchen towels). Inside the bathroom was a closet which had more than 2 dozen hangers, a steam iron and ironing board and a hair dryer. It also had the bathroom amenities of a hotel. At the end of the corridor is the garbage disposal -- very clean, dry and no smell. On the third and fourth floors are coin-operated washers and dryers.
Wifi access is available by signing up with Hawaiian Telecom's Skywave. You need to inform Tina so she can give you a discount code. We could not wait for the admin office to open, so we signed up with Skywave easily, although at times it was crawling and a nearby wifi was faster than Skywave.
We stayed in Polynesian Plaza for 10 days but wished we stayed longer. Tina and her housekeeping staff made sure that everything in Polynesian Plaza worked. On our next trip to Hawaii,we shall definitely stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location, location, location! Polynesian Plaza is situated on Kalakaua Avenue and Beach Walk, the focal point of Waikiki, just one block to world-famous beaches. Comfortable studios feature private lanai balconies and fully equipped kitchenettes with a 2-burner stovetop (most), microwave, and refrigerator. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Polynesian Plaza reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Polynesian Plaza Honolulu
- Polynesian Plaza Hawaii/Honolulu