Hawaii is expensive and hotels are in high demand. You have to pay the Hawaii premium to vacation here and it's not really fair to compare accommodations in Hawaii to anywhere else in the world. It's like New York City. If you want to go there, you have to pay the price.
We stayed in a Ocean View Superior Room. Half the hotel with ocean view is renovated and I believe other half is not. If you are going all the way to Hawaii, pay the price and get the ocean view. It's worth it. The room was narrow and long with a mud room/foyer but spacious overall. Nice size bathroom and living area. There was a small couch for two (more like one) but you don't go to Hawaii to lounge and watch TV. It's hard to say whether the extra $$ for the corner room is worth it or not. From our balcony, we could see Waikiki beach so I think it was ok for us.
The best thing about this hotel is the location. It's about 15 minute walk to the southern tip of the Waikiki strip. Also, you can find street parking (valet parking is quite expensive) over night and we were there over Thanksgiving weekend so we didn't have to feed the meter when we went walking about in Wakiki. Also, unlike most hotels on Waikiki, the hotel is right on the beach and so you can go for a quick swim. The hotel will give you mat and towels.
The staff is super friendly. We had drinks/appetizers which were ok. On the weekends, there's live music. The hotel seemed friendly for families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take advantage of its paradisiacal setting, The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel is a refreshing escape from the crowds of Waikiki. This boutique hotel sits right on one of Honolulu’s best white-sand beach, cradled next to the slopes of Diamond Head Crater, and located directly across from the 108 acre Kapiolani Park, perfect for those seeking a recreational or romantic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel
- New Otani Kaimana Beach Honolulu
- Kaimana Beach Hotel
- New Otani Hawaii
- The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu