My wife and i stayed on at the otani for the first leg of hour honeymoon. 4 nights. This is considered a boutique hotel.
Ocean view rooms have great views of waikiki and the water. Really one of a kind for the price. $224/ night. Overnight valet was $23. Valet drivers were quick and attentive and very nice to talk to. Hotel is right on the beach. Sana souci beach is a small private area great for swimming and snorkel and launching kayaks. The waves do not get rough here. No board sports here though. You have to make a short walk down the beach walk to find much surfing and body boarding. There is a well stocked convience store on the property as well as other shops. We bought cereal and pop tarts here for breakfast most days. Beach towels are free to check out. Staff was friendly throughout the hotel. Rooms very clean with great air conditioning. Room had a nice sized safe that will fit a laptop and various valuables.
Room was pretty small. We found our selves very crowded with all our luggage out. They have a dresser and closet space to hang clothes. But only staying four days, we did not utilize much of it. They have an activities desk where you can book tours and rent beach equipment and lessons. However the attendent was never around when we wanted to find info. Not sure if she is directly related to the hotel or not. It is about a 10-15min walk to waikiki, 2 paths street or a nice beach walk. At night this walk can be bit daunting do to the homeless folks who set up camp in the park or live out of their cars along the street. We did not have any problems but you were definetly on alert.
This is a very japanese hotel. Reflective of room size and various policies and of course clientel. Great hotel for middle age and older couples. Away from the hustle of waikik but with in walking distance to all the action. Overall we enjoyed our stay, as we are in our thirties and like to be active but have a nice retreat at the end of the day.
A note about oahu. Most activities close around 5pm. If you are a late riser. You wont get half the stuff on you list done.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Take advantage of its paradisiacal setting, The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel is a refreshing escape from the crowds of Waikiki. This boutique hotel sits right on one of Honolulu’s best white-sand beach, cradled next to the slopes of Diamond Head Crater, and located directly across from the 108 acre Kapiolani Park, perfect for those seeking a recreational or romantic. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel
- New Otani Kaimana Beach Honolulu
- Kaimana Beach Hotel
- New Otani Hawaii
- The New Otani Kaimana Beach Hotel Hawaii/Honolulu