“Is the champion!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #616 of 1,946 Restaurants in Honolulu
Hughesville, Maryland
“Is the champion!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Lived there for many years and always went to Leonard's - store front or convenient truck in a Pearl City. When visiting after moving, always went to Leonard's until a friend recommended Champions. Champions is a lighter crust, no crazy tourist line, always hot (like Leonard's too) and has a breakfast plate that I wish we would have tried. The only thing Leonard's had over Champions is the cinnamon and sugar version.

Medford, Oregon
“Great Malasadas”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I have never had a Malasada until I started reading about from other travelers. I decided to give it a try. We got there as they were closing the door, the lady decided to open the door just a bit for us. Well, more people came by and very soon the place was crowded. Of course I bought one of each flavor.They were really good. I do not know what other places taste like but I am sold for this place.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
McLean, Virginia
“Great Malasadas without the wait”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Small unpretentious shop which serves great addictive malasadas but unlike the famous Leonards there is no long queue !

Visited December 2012
Los Angeles
“Good plain ones...filling variety tasted a bit fake.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

The plain malasadas are really really good. Not too greasy. The custard filled and the chocolate filled were not that great. They tasted artificial. The chocolate didn't taste like natural chocolate. They probably use a pre-made powder pudding or something. I wouldn't get the filled ones again. Surprisingly, this fried dough didn't give me a stomach ache as some do. That must be a good sign. I gave it three stars because I ordered the filled ones and only tasted my husband's plain one. I wish I would have ordered those.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Los Angeles
“The best Malasadas in Oahu (way better than Leonard's Bakery)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

This place is much better than Leonard's Bakery and there is no tourist line. The locals are happy to come here because it tastes so much better. I came here last month and came back a few time before leaving. The staff are very nice and they will talk to you.

• Visited March 2012