“Nice stay great price!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #64 of 82 Hotels in Honolulu
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Nice stay great price!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Going into the stay, I knew we'd be next to the highway and airport, so the road noise didn't bother me or my dad at all. It's really close to the airport and didn't take long at all to get us there and back. The staff was nice and we had a nice view from our window. We had breakfast vouchers with our stay (we went on a cruise so we stayed there saturday night when we came in and for sunday when we came back in). The breakfast was great and the servers were good. It just seemed like they were low staffed because we had to wait a while before being seated and then it took a while to get drink refills. But everything was nice and what we expected. I'd definitely stay here again if I ever come back to Hawaii.

Room Tip: If you don't like road noise, don't book this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
Honolulu, Hawaii
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I personally thought that my stay at the hotel was pretty fair. Everything was pretty average as most hotels. The things that I disliked were the constant noise being that it is directly next to the highway. It is really not in the best location for a hotel and also the parking garage is very prone for accidents because it is entirely to small to park. I was constantly having to dodge accidents because everyone does not think to drive a decent speed in a parking garage. The thing that I did enjoy most was the cafe' and the entire staff at the hotel was very friendly and helpful. My cleaning service especially was great. Her name was Madeline and she was very polite. She cleaned my room each day with fresh new towels, changing my sheets, and refreshing the room with a very delightful scent. In all my stay was pretty comfortable and I enjoyed everything thanks to the staff.

Room Tip: Rooms that are farther away from the highway are more comfortable.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Brent K, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Aloha Damonica M,

Thank you for staying at Best Western The Plaza Hotel and for your honest review of your stay. We are appreciative of the review and glad we were able to meet your expectations.

We do apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with the noise and speed of guests in the parking garage, but as you mentioned the staff was great! Our staff take pride in working here and many of them have been with the hotel for over 10 years. We will ensure your comments are shared with our staff and continue striving for excellence.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Marion, Ohio, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

I booked this hotel on my way to American Samoa. It is close to the airport and convenient for those traveling alone. I became ill on my trip & staff helped me locate an urgent care just around the corner from the hotel, along with the pharmacy where I picked up meds. Hotel staff was helpful & did their best to make me comfortable as I continued my flight the following day. The hotel was clean & comfortable...all you need if you are traveling long flights & want a decent place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Seoul, South Korea
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We had an overnight layover in Honolulu and only needed a place to rest our heads. The hotel is very close to the airport (by the free hotel shuttle took only 5-7mins) which is exactly what we needed. The hotel could use a bit of updating but the bed was comfortable and along with the bathroom, were clean. We had a deal for free breakfast the following morning which was plenty! We had a choice of eggs,meat,toast,hash browns and unlimited coffee. Plus the waitstaff was pleasant. Would stay here again if there were similar circumstances.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii, Usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The airport was near by and one of only a few hotels that allow pets. Unfortunately the highway is right over the hotel so it's loud and hard to enter except in a roundabout way. No breakfast as advertised on website included with some reservations. Rooms were dated and in bad need of referbishment. Service was ok, but not out of this world. Parking fee too each night.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brent K, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Aloha Scott S,

Thank you for your most recent stay at Best Western the Plaza Hotel. Our staff and management are appreciative of your choice to stay with us.

Our close proximity to the airport is one of our assests and provides convenience to those looking for a hotel for a quick stopover. Our hotel does offer quieter rooms in the hotel and so we invite you back to experience one of these rooms. The breakfast you are referring to is a breakfast package you will need to reserve and is available on the website.

We thank you again for your decision to stay with us and we are hopeful to welcome you back in the future.

Hilo, Hawaii
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the Best Western - Plaza. The parking was so conveniently located, the rooms are really big and the service was incredible. It also was super to have a store within the building. The location of the hotel was also convenient and close to the airport and the medical center I was scheduled to have surgery in. Loved it.

Wrangell, Alaska, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Dried pee behind the toilet, hair on the toilet and in the tub, used coffee filters, garbage and kleenex in the ice box. We had clorox wipes to clean it ourselves and staff apologized, but definately won't stay here again. We normally really like the Best Western and stay at them all the time... the actual room, staff and breakfast were otherwise great... but the bathroom was gross enough to take Best Western off our list for future stays.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Brent K, Assistant General Manager at BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Aloha Kelly B,

Thank you for your most recent visit and for the review of the hotel.

I would like to extend our sincere apologies for the experience you encountered here at Best Western The Plaza Hotel. This does not sound like the service our Housekeeping team provides, as they are mentioned prominently here for the great service they provide. I would like to speak to you directly, so please give me a call at (808) 837-5931.

We would like to have you stay with us again and so I look forward to your call. As you mentioned, the room, staff, and breakfast were great and so we would like to have you consider us on a future visit.

Look forward to hearing from you!

Assistant General Manager

Been to BEST WESTERN The Plaza Hotel? Share your experiences!