“Truly back to the 50's....” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Teddy's Bigger Burgers

Teddy's Bigger Burgers
134 Kapahulu Ave, Honolulu, Oahu, HI 96815-4014 (Waikiki)
808-926-3444
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Takeout
Neighborhood: Waikiki
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Truly back to the 50's....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

The burgers still taste good at Teddy's. Perhaps the beef comes from the ranch on the big island. An alternative is the incredibly delicious veggie burger!!!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Ipswich, Australia
“I'll be back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Only got to try Teddy's once but I'll be back next time for sure. Best part for me was wanting Gluten Free they were able to do me a burger with no fuss or bother with lettuce leaves. Brilliant. Fries are to die for and free tops up of drink. Cheap and staff are very friendly.

Sydney, Australia
“Runs rings around McDonalds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2013

Forget McDonald's, just come straight to Teddy's Bigger Burgers on Kapahulu Ave, Waikiki.
Staff are MUCH friendlier, and actually greeted you with the friendly Hawaiian "Aloha".
Service is way better, food is fresher, and cooked to the way YOU like it, presentation is in a paper lined tray (Eat in) and not wrapped in paper like McDonalds.
Staff detailed what each burger was made up of and contained, and we were able to interchange ingredients for others ingredients. Unlike McDonalds, where I had to wait 15 mins for my meal (and got cold chips/fries) at Teddy's, it was cooked to my specifications in just 5 mins, and was fresh and hot.

There was even an outdoor area to eat your meal.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Harshaw WI
“Great tasting Burger!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We were staying very near Waikiki beach and adjacent to Teddy's while in Honolulu. We didn't give them a try until the end of our stay and I am sorry we waited. We have grown up on Midwestern corn-fed beef and was skeptical about how good Freddy's burgers were going to taste. I was totally surprised! My wife had the bacon cheese combo and I had the teriyaki combo and both were delicious. They were perfectly grilled to our taste. From being known for his backyard cookouts and burgers, Freddy's has built a highly respected local favorite. Patties are all from fresh ground beef and are hand-made. Service was very good and in addition to carry-out, outside and inside seating is available. Great choice and will highly recommend.

A tenth location is soon to open on the islands and there is one in Iowa City, Iowa, Woodinville, Washington and Tokyo, Japan.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auckland Region, New Zealand
“Losing my Burger Virginity”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Not being a fan of the average fast food burger sledged in between two piece's of bread I decided to test my nerves by ordering what seems like my very first burger from a fast food joint.

Teddy's Bigger Burgers were delicious, the meat paddies felt authentic and made by hand unlike any McDonald's or Burger King burger I have ever seen.

I was a little afraid that I wouldn't like their famous sauce not being a fan of Mayonnaise but the sauce worked well with the meat and the buns were fresh and the salads crisp all accommodating the flavors of the pellet.

All-in-all I highly recommend this burger joint for a meal during your stay. One cannot be expected to dine at fancy restaurants every night and this place offers a great setting with fantastic burgers.

4/5