“Great Sushi” 5 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
“Great Sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

If you love sushi this place is awesome. Sit at the counter and ask the chef to do omakase, they are very friendly and unpretentious. I love thr moi( not sure how to spell it but have it lol) all cuts really good even the plain maguro. They have a cooked menue, have not hsd much except the Hamachi Kama and its not to be missed! Enjoy

• Visited August 2013

92% Recommend
  • Korean first
Edmonton, Canada
“Absolutely the best japanese food I have had so far”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

My husband and I arrived on a Tuesday night without a reservation which was a mistake since they were fully booked but they offered to call me when a table opens up which we took up. An hour later we were seated and had the tough choice on choosing from their vast and unique menu. We had 3 different servers talk to us and they all were pretty informative. We choose the tatar, mackerel poke, assorted sashimi, calms in sake and the grilled butterfish. Everything was fresh and delicious, the toro fish in the sashimi platter just melted in my mouth! I also loved the tatar which was different but it tasted amazing. All the chefs are japanese so that's a good sign. I loved this gem of a spot but be sure to make a reservation and as tourist we found this place situated in such a not so great neighbourhood.

Visited August 2013
Dallas
“Excellent dinner - Everything was delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I came here on a Saturday night as a solo traveler. Arrived around 5:30 and stayed until about 8 trying all sorts of small plates, appetizers, and sushi. My waiter was pretty friendly and made some good suggestions on what to try. I was able to do half order portions on most menu items, so I got in a lot of variety, while sparing the stomach space and wallet pains.

My bill came out to around $70 (included some sake too), and I honestly wish that I had spent more. This is the type of place where if you aren't careful, your bill will really add up quick. I probably could have gone through everything on the menu and not been happy with each dish.

Highlights:
Hamachi tartar, Salmon belly, moi, aji, Toro (tried a few cooked variants, but the original on the sushi menu was my favorite)

Bonus tip:
My driver lived in Japan for a number of years and caters tours for Japanese visiting Honolulu. When I told him where I was going, he said that it was one of his favorite spots.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Awesome Sushi experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Get in front of chef and he will wow you if you give him the chance and want more than california roll.

• Visited April 2013
Toronto, Canada
“Talk about real sushi! YUM!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

If you are looking for a genuine sushi place (I lived in Japan for 10 years - I know real sushi) with fair prices and excellent quality, look no further. We (couple) spent $190 and ate so many things that I'm sure to forget some, but they included fresh Otoro (tuna belly), Ika (squid) tako (octopus), hamachi, an amazing tartar dish, and so many other dishes. The price was fair. Not cheap, but fair. Much better than other rip-off commercial places around town. When I return to Honolulu, I'll return to this place for awesome authentic sushi over any other. YUM! The sushi portions were a nice size. The rice, sushi, and wasabe was perfectly balanced. You're in for a treat if you like otoro - it's the best I've ever had, including what I've had in Japan.

• Visited April 2013